We got rid of Horn just in time... Props to the FO!! (1 Viewer)

hammernnails

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Recent Career Receiving Kickoff Returns Punt Returns Fumbles
Year Team G Rec Yds Y/G Avg Lng YAC 1stD TD KR Yds Avg Long TD PR Yds Avg Long TD Fum FumL
2005 New Orleans 13 49 654 50.3 13.3 30 2.6 37 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2
2006 New Orleans 10 37 679 67.9 18.4 72 4.6 28 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2007 Atlanta 12 27 243 20.3 9.0 26 2.1 17 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

His stats have conistantly gone down for the last 3 years.... a trend that will most likely continue.... congrats to the falcons for messin up their cap and roster.... I would like Joe to sign a one day contract and retire a Saint.... but untill then... HAHAHAHAHHAAHAH to the foul-clowns

Yeah, but to be fair, Joe didn't have a QB worth a crap in Atlanta.

Yeah, but to be fair, Joe didn't have a QB worth a crap in Atlanta.

True ....many views to be had ... I could argue that the QBs looked bad because they had no recievers.... my point is... Horn is 1/3 of what he once was... see his stats and watch them next year if he plays..... I loved him while he was here .. but as a Falcon he is garbage to me... I can not cheer for him in black and red.....

Recent Career Receiving Kickoff Returns Punt Returns Fumbles
Year Team G Rec Yds Y/G Avg Lng YAC 1stD TD KR Yds Avg Long TD PR Yds Avg Long TD Fum FumL
2005 New Orleans 13 49 654 50.3 13.3 30 2.6 37 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2
2006 New Orleans 10 37 679 67.9 18.4 72 4.6 28 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2007 Atlanta 12 27 243 20.3 9.0 26 2.1 17 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

His stats have conistantly gone down for the last 3 years.... a trend that will most likely continue.... congrats to the falcons for messin up their cap and roster.... I would like Joe to sign a one day contract and retire a Saint.... but untill then... HAHAHAHAHHAAHAH to the foul-clowns

Honestly, Joe is loud and brash but he is no different than many other NFL player who can put up the numbers. He came to the Saints when no body else would and played hard. For a long tiime he was or offense.

Truthfully we could have used him last year, hurt or not cause Colston can't do it by himself, our other recievers are mediocre at best and our Number 1 draft pick hasn't hit the field for one play so we are hoping he can do something but there was a reason he didn't see NOT ONE PLAY.

And it looks like we are gonna shove one up in Duece next. Lets keep it real, its a business and for 40 years the Saints have a history of making bad ones and IMHO dropping Joe to put it all on Colston's shoulders was a bad one. Let Payton have another season with the QUESTIONALBe play calling from last year and we will be calling for his head next.

Honestly, Joe is loud and brash but he is no different than many other NFL player who can put up the numbers. He came to the Saints when no body else would and played hard. For a long tiime he was or offense.

Truthfully we could have used him last year, hurt or not cause Colston can't do it by himself, our other recievers are mediocre at best and our Number 1 draft pick hasn't hit the field for one play so we are hoping he can do something but there was a reason he didn't see NOT ONE PLAY.

And it looks like we are gonna shove one up in Duece next. Lets keep it real, its a business and for 40 years the Saints have a history of making bad ones and IMHO dropping Joe to put it all on Colston's shoulders was a bad one. Let Payton have another season with the QUESTIONALBe play calling from last year and we will be calling for his head next.

Just to clarify your post..... you think we should have kept Horn last year and that he is/was better than our #2 & #3 WRs????.... If that is true than you need to go back and look at some numbers..... and to call out Payton and his playcalling is a bit rough.. the tampa game was hard but NOBODY complained when he called the same play at Dallas the year before!! ITS ONLY A BAD CALL WHEN IT GOES WRONG...... Count me in as a Payton follower... I love his fire and aggressive style....

#87 should be hanging in the rafters of the Dome and never be worn again.
p.s. so should 51
:worthy:

We've had several other "good timing" releases these past few years. Joe Johnson, LeCharles Bentley, Dale Carter, and Ricky Williams come to mind. As for Joe Horn, you hit it on the head, Hammer (pun intended :hihi:) he had a dismal year for Atlanta and it wasn't due to injury. I was surprised he given more playing time. Horn should have been the band-aid for that group of lackluster qbs. Either is done physically, or their staff wanted to develop the other receivers.

As much as I like Joe Horn, I don't love Joe. He was very good both on the field and in the community, but no one tells Joe what to do if you know what I mean. Not to besmirch him, I will leave it at that. Joe gave us all he had and put out some gritty performances when we really needed him. I think as much as we benefited from Joe, he benefited from us. When we got him from Kansas City, he was a nobody. It was a mutual relationship, and a mutual breakup. Lets face it, all athletes eventually get old and decline in productivity. If you have a guy who doesn't keep score and feel intitled to glory and priveledge and status of his prime once he is past it, and instead remains humble and accepts a lesser role, lesser pay, and tries to usher in the youth and pass on what he knows and the coach is trying to teach, chances are we keep that guy. Joe was not that kind of guy. The Im gonna do it my way chip on his shoulder worked for him and us as he was soaring like a rocket, but sooner or later that rocket comes back down to earth and is discarded because all it knows is going up. I would love to see Joe come back and retire as a Saint, and I believe he will once he comes to terms with what really happened and accepts responsibility for the circumstances of his release. I hold no resentment, as I am sure no one in the organization does. Joe just needs to grow a little more and be a little more honest with himself. I wish him the best and hope for a reunion; if it never happens I will still respect him for what he gave us.

I would almost bet money that Deuce will be with the team next year. I believe people are underestimating him. Deuce has something to prove, and all the charcter and work ethic in the world to do it. Loomis is a great guy, and he knows who Deuce is and what Deuce means. Loomis and players have said this offseason and in the past that Deuce is the heart and soul of this team. Deuce slid in the draft becuase people underestimated his resolve to work through injuries. I predict a season similar to 2006 or even better if Payton learns to be a little more traditional on offense. If Allemon beats out Nesbit in camp, I think we will be more physical, especially with Goodwin at Center. The left side of our line will be like Seattle in years past. This is a business, but Loomis knows not to do anything rash like cutting Deuce, and both are mature and professional enough to work through the cap to give it a chance. Money isn't the issue; the issue is rather Deuce can do it or not, and Loomis is going to give him that chance.

As much as I like Joe Horn, I don't love Joe. He was very good both on the field and in the community, but no one tells Joe what to do if you know what I mean. Not to besmirch him, I will leave it at that. Joe gave us all he had and put out some gritty performances when we really needed him. I think as much as we benefited from Joe, he benefited from us. When we got him from Kansas City, he was a nobody. It was a mutual relationship, and a mutual breakup. Lets face it, all athletes eventually get old and decline in productivity. If you have a guy who doesn't keep score and feel intitled to glory and priveledge and status of his prime once he is past it, and instead remains humble and accepts a lesser role, lesser pay, and tries to usher in the youth and pass on what he knows and the coach is trying to teach, chances are we keep that guy. Joe was not that kind of guy. The Im gonna do it my way chip on his shoulder worked for him and us as he was soaring like a rocket, but sooner or later that rocket comes back down to earth and is discarded because all it knows is going up. I would love to see Joe come back and retire as a Saint, and I believe he will once he comes to terms with what really happened and accepts responsibility for the circumstances of his release. I hold no resentment, as I am sure no one in the organization does. Joe just needs to grow a little more and be a little more honest with himself. I wish him the best and hope for a reunion; if it never happens I will still respect him for what he gave us.

Very good post!! you put into words what many saints fans feel about Horn!!! Very well done!!

I was able to get some great tickets to the 2006 season opener in Cleveland. I sat behind some fellow fans.. all wearing 87. There were catching hell from lots of drunk Browns fans. Since most of the Saints fan's I was behind were women... I ended up sticking up for Horn the whole game. I did not find out until after the game that those fans were Joe Horn's wife and family. He came up to talk to them after the game. They invited my girlfriend and I down to the locker room... It was the time of my life. As my girlfriend and I huddled close for the pic, Joe even asked if it was alright if he put his hands around my gf's waist! It was straight up.. nothing funny. He was just being a class act. After this experience I really have a hard time with all those Joe Horn hatters. No lie. I met the man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom