We got rid of Horn just in time... Props to the FO!! (1 Viewer)

i had the pleasure of talking to joe a couple of times and there wasnt a player on that team that loved NOLA more than him.

I got my 87 jersey and as soon as he retires, I will wear it again...
HOLLYWOOD!!!

I was ready to part with him, but he would've had a better statistical year last season with us and that 3 year trend would be broken. That said, Patten has more than filled his shoes and filled them better at this stage of their careers for LESS money and LESS mouth.

Best wishes Joe!

You guys are crazy.

Did you not see the way Joe stuck that dagger in our hearts last year??? (So what, if it was to the tune of 2 catches for 8 yards? Minor details...)

:worthy: Joe Horn's 2007 season

IMO, Joe should come back to NO for this year, then possibly retire as a Saint. He doesn't belong anywhere else. By signing for a year, we can gauge his health (we already know he's an awesome player when he's healthy) and decide on a year-by-year basis to keep him. But he must retire as a Saint- he's been too big a part of it to retire anywhere else.

You'll never see players sign one day contracts with the Saints to retire.

Just about every player that has left the Saints (that I would even care if they retired a Saint) took big parting shots at the Saints when they left. Right or wrong, that's too much crow for anyone to eat.

Just about every player that has left the Saints (that I would even care if they retired a Saint) took big parting shots at the Saints when they left. Right or wrong, that's too much crow for anyone to eat.

One guy did - Rickey Jackson. He didn't sign a one day contract, but came back & played in the pre-season, delaying his Hall of Fame eligibility (not that it mattered :( ) IINM, he retired a Saint.

He also didn't bad mouth the Saints when he left. Instead, he kissed the fleur de lis in the middle of field when he returned as a 49er.

Jan

One guy did - Rickey Jackson. He didn't sign a one day contract, but came back & played in the pre-season, delaying his Hall of Fame eligibility (not that it mattered :( ) IINM, he retired a Saint.

He also didn't bad mouth the Saints when he left. Instead, he kissed the fleur de lis in the middle of field when he returned as a 49er.

Jan

Yea, RJ & Sam Mills are the only two that I remember leaving and not wiping their feet on the Saints name as they left. (Though who would have blaimed them if the had.)

Sad, I remember Morten and Bobby taking parting shots. Bobby seems to have gotten past it, but I don't think Mort has, or will. All he wanted was a mil per year. If there ever was a kicker worth it back then it was him. Very sad indeed.

I don't care if Joe is old and washed up, if he has a big mouth and says things I don't like, if he plays for the team I hate most. I don't care. I love Joe Horn for what he did for the Saints and the city of New Orleans. He's his own man and can do what he thinks is best for him now. It doesn't take away from what he did.

Yea, RJ & Sam Mills are the only two that I remember leaving and not wiping their feet on the Saints name as they left. (Though who would have blaimed them if the had.)

Sad, I remember Morten and Bobby taking parting shots. Bobby seems to have gotten past it, but I don't think Mort has, or will. All he wanted was a mil per year. If there ever was a kicker worth it back then it was him. Very sad indeed.

I heard that when Anderson gets inducted in the HOF, he said he'd go in as a Saint. Did I hear wrong?

Morten Anderson was set to sign a 1-day contract last off-season to officially retire as a Saint, but the Falcons signed him to actually play.

Willie Roaf has also said that he would go into the Hall of Fame as a Saint.

Never is a mighty strong word.

I'd love for Joe to come back, even if it's one year as a minor role. Did Joe ever sign with anyone?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom