We got Shawn Hochuli this week (1 Viewer)

Although head of the crew, not sure Vinovich should shoulder much of the blame for the bad call. The two refs in the spot screwed the pooch and when they didn’t make call, there was no procedure for Vinicius to even call for review.

Although head of the crew, not sure Vinovich should shoulder much of the blame for the bad call. The two refs in the spot screwed the pooch and when they didn’t make call, there was no procedure for Vinicius to even call for review.
There was the procedure for him being the head official to overturn any bad call they made. He claims not to have seen it, but that's been disproven with video evidence of him staring directly at the play. He also didn't flag the hit to the head that knocked Brees off balance and forced an interception in overtime. Two times in that game he chose not to do his job and it directly cost us a shot at the Super Bowl.

I think one of the officials was a former Rams player and friend of Eric Dickerson

He lied about it after the game. He flat out stated he hadn’t seen it so he couldn’t comment on it. The low camera angle shows him looking directly at it. Hope that piece of crap burns in hell with the maggot goodell.

It is unfortunate about Vinovich because up until that point, he was a good ref. The two officials, the side judge and back judge should have been fired but weren't, and that is on Riveron, who I'm confident to say is incompetent. I mean officiating has been going down somewhat in the NFL, but since he's taken over, it has spiraled downward at negative 3Gs. Its become a joke under his management. He was a ref at one time and pretty bad one too. But thats the NFL for you. Promote ineptitude. I mean look at Goodall, what a buffoon.

I know I'll get flamed as I am not taking up for Bill Vinovich but that was not his call to make and he was not in position to see if there really was PI or helmet-to-helmet hit. And he cannot simply overturn a call or force any official to reverse a non call. Those two officials were the culprits and were never held accountable, and again that is on Riveron, not Bill Vinovich.

It is unfortunate about Vinovich because up until that point, he was a good ref. The two officials, the side judge and back judge should have been fired but weren't, and that is on Riveron, who I'm confident to say is incompetent. I mean officiating has been going down somewhat in the NFL, but since he's taken over, it has spiraled downward at negative 3Gs. Its become a joke under his management. He was a ref at one time and pretty bad one too. But thats the NFL for you. Promote ineptitude. I mean look at Goodall, what a buffoon.

I know I'll get flamed as I am not taking up for Bill Vinovich but that was not his call to make and he was not in position to see if there really was PI or helmet-to-helmet hit. And he cannot simply overturn a call or force any official to reverse a non call. Those two officials were the culprits and were never held accountable, and again that is on Riveron, not Bill Vinovich.

Respect your stand especially knowing it's not popular.

But was he bought off for the game? idk, but the person I know who knows the most about the NFL is sure the refs were bought for that game. $5 billion real estate investment on the line. A couple of hundred thousand to officials is chump change.

I think one of the officials was a former Rams player and friend of Eric Dickerson
That's false information that's been continuously spread.

Phil McKinnely (the former Rams/Falcons player) is the down judge on Vinovich's regular season crew, however he did not work the NFC Championship because he didn't grade out high enough to earn a playoff assignment in the Conference Championship round.

I didn't even realize Ed Hochuli's son was a ref in the NFL now. Is this some secret society or something

When I looked into Vinovich's family history I was also surprised by this. Apparently reffing is a "family thing" in some families. Good-ol boy networks are everywhere. This aside, Ed was always pretty fair to us. Didn't he ref our SB in 09? Hope his kid is as level-headed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom