We gotta replace Streif (2 Viewers)

ESPN insider had this to say about him

He graded as a 61

69 to 60 is considered an average starter that you are glad to have but will not impress many people. They are the guys that fill out the starting lineup, but that's about it

Thank you for finding this.

I think it sums up my belief in his ability. He's solid, maybe not spectacular but is also not getting a free ride because of favoritism either.

Yeah he had his worst season last year. So did a lot of our players. (He also played with a serious groin injury.) Nobody is saying he's irreplaceable but he's not terrible. He's a solid starting RT. If we can find somebody better I'm all for it.

It gets ridiculous sometimes around here with people spouting about how anybody who isn't a pro-bowler is horrible and needs to be cut. It was the same thing when Stinchcomb was the starter. Every week there'd multiple post screaming about how terrible he was even when he was a probowler. Same with Bushrod. You can't have All-Pros at every position.

Keep up the good fight Guitarzan.
:9:
Beat the Falcons. I hope we do so soon. It seems like forever we wait. Be soon!

Strief has never played LT.

I was thinking the poster was joking or something! So hard to tell when reading the written word; sarcasm just doesn't translate. Anyway, if the person thought ZS played LT they sure shouldn't be posting around here!

I've see Strief make plays and then get beaten but who doesn't get beaten from time to time and I'm not using last year for or against ANY of our players! God only knows where their heads were on any given day. I had times where Drew looked befuddled too but I'm not going to say he's got to sit or whatever.

This season is a whole new and different TEAM and we don't know WHO will be on the field come Sept.!

Listen, Strief aint no Stinchcomb. Leadership skills means nothing when you are constantly being beaten physically and costing games.

Come one fellas....we have given a Strief a pass because he's a good ole boy but his play on the field has not warranted him the salary we've given him or the starting role. He's an undrafted guy who Drew made into a starter, nothing more nothing less. Give him the vet min or cut him.

I have never given him a pass. I don't think he cuts it. He is a good backup lineman and that is it.

tumblr_lsdptrZkpi1qh6cr0o4_r1_500.gif

Zack gutted it out because there was no one else to play the position but him for half the year, still has a top 10 season and gets dogged relentlessly on this board. Sad. Everyone should earn their position, true, but to complain endlessly about a huge guy with a groin injury is just wrong. I'm more worried about a durable backup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom