We gotta replace Streif (1 Viewer)

SaintsMan209

SB This year!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Listen, Strief aint no Stinchcomb. Leadership skills means nothing when you are constantly being beaten physically and costing games.

Come one fellas....we have given a Strief a pass because he's a good ole boy but his play on the field has not warranted him the salary we've given him or the starting role. He's an undrafted guy who Drew made into a starter, nothing more nothing less. Give him the vet min or cut him.

I agree. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all that but being nice does not win games. Lets hope Jones or Smith or someone can step up and take his spot.

I think he'll b beat out in camp by either Jones or Smith n then released soon after. I can see them giving the "tackle eligible" role to Armstead

Listen, Strief aint no Stinchcomb. Leadership skills means nothing when you are constantly being beaten physically and costing games.

Come one fellas....we have given a Strief a pass because he's a good ole boy but his play on the field has not warranted him the salary we've given him or the starting role. He's an undrafted guy who Drew made into a starter, nothing more nothing less. Give him the vet min or cut him.

Ha....ironically, not only was he drafted...he was drafted ahead of Colston in the 7th round of that infamous 2006 draft.

People seem to have forgotten how bad Strief was last year because the focus has been on losing Bushrod. Let's face it: if Bushrod were still under contract this year, people would have been talking nonstop about replacing Strief. It really needs to happen, and I expect one of our current backups will replace him before the start of the season unless he's made dramatic improvements this offseason.

I agree with you OP, I just don't think he will be released. He is in the last year of his contract, and because of his familarity with the team, I see him staying around this year as depth. Then we just don't resign him come next year. Never know about guys in a contract year though.

I agree with you OP, I just don't think he will be released. He is in the last year of his contract, and because of his familarity with the team, I see him staying around this year as depth. Then we just don't resign him come next year. Never know about guys in a contract year though.

That's a great point. Maybe Strief will be working for his next contract? But at the end of the day, I don't think he's a starting Left Tackle for our team. I've always been curious to know how he would do at Right Tackle?

I agree as well, he gets pushed back so easily, I hope someone can step up into his spot, maybe he can help with mentoring a young buck.

That's a great point. Maybe Strief will be working for his next contract? But at the end of the day, I don't think he's a starting Left Tackle for our team. I've always been curious to know how he would do at Right Tackle?

Strief has never played LT.

After last season, I felt like we could use upgrades at both tackle positions. I'm hoping there will be enough competition to not only fill Bushrod's vacancy but also unseat Strief. Potentially, we've got a healthy Brown and Jones in the mix along with Armstead, Jason Smith, and Strief. I'm thinking that if Brown can stay healhty he can definitely win one of the tackle spots, and I'm hoping Armstead can seize the other.

He was drafted by the Saints in the seventh round of the 2006 NFL Draft. After backing up Jon Stinchcomb for five years, in the 2011 season he became the team's starting right tackle and part of the Saints' offensive line that won the Madden Most Valuable Protectors Award as the best offensive line in the NFL

I agree I hope Marcel Jones can be an upgrade. RT's are as important as LT's in todays nfl

Sent from phone via Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom