We have a good Defense (1 Viewer)

The defense is average at best. It cannot stop the pass at all. How many 3 and outs does this team have? The pressure on opposing Qbs is not good, they always seem to be just a bit slow. Outside containment has been an issue the last few weeks, and safety has been a real downer since Harper got injured. Fred Thomas, although a good tackling CB, at this point not great at breaking up passes. Jason Craft is less than good.

As previously posted here, we're actually winning the TOP, so you can't really blame that on the defense. We're so much better than I thought we would be, I can't really complain. We're 6-4, tied for first, been very competitive in our losses. Our offense is one of the most exciting in the league to watch and the defense is better than any Saints D in years and years. I'm happy, excited about our chances this year and years to come.

The Saints D doesn't have to be dominate, just keep the other team to at least one point less than the Saints offense can generate which is considerable.

Also, consider the Philly game where the Saints offense kept the ball til the last few seconds and then kicked the game winner. Now that it championship stuff!!!!!! This is a special team that just happens to be in a rut now. Charles Grant is right when he says that no team can beat them, it's just the Saints that can beat themselves. We've seen that to be true. Even with the turnovers in the Pitt game it was down to the wire. Keep the faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our defense is not very good, and that's why the offense needs to do an ever BETTER job in the TOP department. We're doing great now, but in the last few games we've taken to the air way too frequently. That's no way to mash the clock down and anyone with any kind of football IQ knows this.

Had we run the ball just a little more on Cincy, we'd have dominated the TOP even more, and I'd argue that we'd have scored more for it.

Ben Roethlisberger game log:

Week 8 @Oakland - 4 Interceptions
Week 9 v Denver - 3 Interceptions
Week 10 v New Orleans - 0 interceptions
Week 11 @Cleveland - 3 Interceptions

We create no takeaways, we have little/no pass rush yet still people want to pay Charles Grant like a top 5 DE.

We have only 2-3 potential building blocks - Will Smith and Scott Fujita, possibly Roman Harper.

We have a couple of potential starters if surrounded by more talent - Scott Shanle, Mike McKenzie

The rest are either too old to build around or simply not good enough

force more FG tries,sorta like the bronco d early in the season,red zone on both sides of the ball has been lukewarm. The d has been getting the stops late in games, so that is encouraging.

The Saints got beat because they were playing against better teams. (Plus giving the football away) If anyone here thinks that the Saints are better than Pitt, Balt, & Cincy then they need to take off the Black-n-Gold glasses. I love my Saints but I am somewhat realistic about things.

we're better than cincinatti with or w/o black n gold glasses....we just weren't better that day...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom