We have John Hussey’s crew this week. (1 Viewer)

Rusty

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score

The last game we had his crew was the November 2020 beat down of the Bucs.

Remember the good old days when we didn't give a second thought to who was officiating the game?
Sigh...

Remember the good old days when we didn't give a second thought to who was officiating the game?
Sigh...
I honestly don’t think it matters lol. I think we had a good record with the referee going into the Carolina game.

And if I remember correctly the Rams had a horrendous record with the referee from the NFC Champipnship game with the no call. I remember it being a big storyline that Rams fans even started a petition leading up to the game. Yeah, not fishy at all…

I honestly don’t think it matters lol. I think we had a good record with the referee going into the Carolina game.

And if I remember correctly the Rams had a horrendous record with the referee from the NFC Champipnship game with the no call. I remember it being a big storyline that Rams fans even started a petition leading up to the game. Yeah, not fishy at all…

I remember that too. Yeah it's just been a different world for most Saints fans ever since the no call. Instead of focusing on the opposing team some put more energy into who is officiating. It's almost like a phobia or paranoia.

I was pretty disgusted too but I try not to overthink it now.

For us it's a legitimate concern. I'm tired of seeing games where we constantly get called for things I know the other team is doing too. Holding, for example, happens on both sides of the ball for every team. Defensive holding especially since it gives the other team an automatic first down and offensively almost assures your drive may stall. Refs can directly impact the game with those calls and they happen every play. They just always seem to call it on us when it has more of an impact.

For us it's a legitimate concern. I'm tired of seeing games where we constantly get called for things I know the other team is doing too. Holding, for example, happens on both sides of the ball for every team. Defensive holding especially since it gives the other team an automatic first down and offensively almost assures your drive may stall. Refs can directly impact the game with those calls and they happen every play. They just always seem to call it on us when it has more of an impact.

I definitely hear you and agree that refs can and do impact games. I don't discount legitimate concerns about that. Sorry if I came across that way.

• 1Like
Reactions: MV2
Sigh...
It is pretty sad that it has come to this. They have ONE job and that’s to call a game as fair and as unbiased as can be. If we (the audience) can see these missed calls/no calls/blatant calls at home, through a TV, and they can’t, then having hope is all for nothing. I’m just here for the entertainment, I have zero faith that the NFL/officials will do what is right. It’s more entertaining than wrassling. It’s basically my soap opera 😆

I definitely hear you and agree that refs can and do impact games. I don't discount legitimate concerns about that. Sorry if I came across that way.
Not at all. I used to watch football and believe it was honest. I no longer feel that way. I'm like a kid who found out the truth about Santa!😂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom