We have Kpassagnon and Granderson to fill the gap while Davenports heals (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Overlooked in the game vs Green Bay was how effective Tanoh Kpassagnon was subbing in for Davenport. He had a sack and he forced Rodgers to make the desperation throw from the endzone that got intercepted. He also forced a fumble. His signing went under the radar big time.

And we've seen what Granderson is capable of.

I think we will be fine at that DE spot until Davenport returns.

Yep. Also Payton Turner is seemingly healthy now. I get him being a healthy scratch on Sunday, but down 1 starting DE I think he'll start to get some rotational looks.
He should. We will see if he can handle the speed of the game.

The depth of this defense on all levels is astounding.
it is truly awesome and I was thinking about that reading the Green Bay defense article that Dan posted tonight. Green Bay’s starting D line was suspect and they had absolutely nobody on the bench who could contribute. And the fact is, it’s that way for most teams. While we have starters on both lines go down and it looks like it never even happened. Obviously we can’t sustain endless injuries- every great season requires some luck in that regard. But we are far better off in the next man up department than most.

it is truly awesome and I was thinking about that reading the Green Bay defense article that Dan posted tonight. Green Bay’s starting D line was suspect and they had absolutely nobody on the bench who could contribute. And the fact is, it’s that way for most teams. While we have starters on both lines go down and it looks like it never even happened. Obviously we can’t sustain endless injuries- every great season requires some luck in that regard. But we are far better off in the next man up department than most.
Which was why I was not freaking out like many about letting certain guys walk. Nielsen has proven that he can do wonders with decent players. I was more worried about the secondary than anything else, but you couldn’t tell we had lost anyone there, either. It’s just one game, but what a way to ease our minds.

Which was why I was not freaking out like many about letting certain guys walk. Nielsen has proven that he can do wonders with decent players. I was more worried about the secondary than anything else, but you couldn’t tell we had lost anyone there, either. It’s just one game, but what a way to ease our minds.
Yep getting Richard is paying dividends. The secondary played excellent. It seems with Aaron Glenn he wasnt getting the most out of the group.

In the next few games we will see for certain the difference Richard makes. I just know last year outside of Brady, Rogers and other good Qbs such as Carr and Herbert did what they wanted when they wanted against the secondary early last year.

Unlike most teams. The Saints are blessed to have true player development on both sides of the ball.

Hoping Kpassagnon can play. Seemed like he was getting pressure, including on the play that should have been a safety. Wonder if he had thrown up his hands like a bunch of DL do as his jersey was being stretched by the OL from behind, whether he would've gotten the call?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom