We have the best coach ever (1 Viewer)

You have to download the app to read that.

Not worth it.

Im sorry...Didnt realize that.
I will try something different...but haven't used the new site enough to know what im doing...

As if beating them 51-14 wasn't bad enough, New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton had a little extra hurt for the Cincinnati Bengals organization on Sunday. Payton apparently "destroyed" one of the fire alarms at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati before his team walloped the Bengals, for some reason.

The question is whether he actually pulled off the alarm, or just had to break it in order to shut the noise in the locker room :cool:

If he gets suspended for any length of time or if this hurts the team in any way due to the possible repercussions of it, it was beyond stupid. You wanna rally the troops? Fine. But destroying safety equipment in a venue that holds thousands is just plain idiotic and the kind of stuff you do when you're a teen or younger.

Report I read said that the alarm was going off pre-game in the locker room in excess of 15 minutes while team was trying to get focused for the game, so Sean demolished the single alarm in the locker room.

Can you imagine or remember that sound in a cinder-block room for that amount of time?

Moreover, whom was responsible for setting off the alarm in the visiting teams locker room pre-game, and why had no one for the stadium or team or even maintenance been by to do anything about it?

If he gets suspended for any length of time or if this hurts the team in any way due to the possible repercussions of it, it was beyond stupid. You wanna rally the troops? Fine. But destroying safety equipment in a venue that holds thousands is just plain idiotic and the kind of stuff you do when you're a teen or younger.

Common tactic fire marshal. While you're harping over Payton's alleged safety violation, you should also think about this: The Bengal's staff may have caused harm here by misappropriating said safety equipment in order to maliciously create a distraction in the other team's locker room while they're going through their pregame prep!

Isn't that a bit like dialing 911 to play a practical joke?

Now, tell me who should really receive the punishment.

Common tactic fire marshal. While you're harping over Payton's alleged safety violation, you should also think about this: The Bengal's staff may have caused harm here by misappropriating said safety equipment in order to maliciously create a distraction in the other team's locker room while they're going through their pregame prep!

Wouldn't that be like shouting fire in a very, very big theater?

I definitely agree with you that the bulk of the blame goes on the instigator if this wasn't an accident. I jut don't wanna see Payton miss any time on the sideline since we know the degree of fairness with which Goodell would handle something like this.

I definitely agree with you that the bulk of the blame goes on the instigator if this wasn't an accident. I jut don't wanna see Payton miss any time on the sideline since we know the degree of fairness with which Goodell would handle something like this.

My bad I thought you were saying Payton should be suspended. Truthfully I don't think there's an NFL rule about destroying another franchise property in the locker room so I don't think Goodell could do anything. Although maybe he will fine SP for unsportsmanlike conduct or "roughing the fire alarm"...

My bad I thought you were saying Payton should be suspended. Truthfully I don't think there's an NFL rule about destroying another franchise property in the locker room so I don't think Goodell could do anything. Although maybe he will fine SP for unsportsmanlike conduct or "roughing the fire alarm"...

I was just saying I'd think he was an idiot if he were to put himself in position to be suspended or have anything happen that could hurt our chances of winning. It's just like when you coach players to not retaliate since the second guy to shove or hit someone after they were initially shoved usually gets the flag so he'd be hypocritical to not realize that even though the Bengals may have been severely unethical if this were intentional that we ultimately lose by leaving ourselves in line for punishment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom