We have the worst receiving corps in the league (1 Viewer)

The Saints Wide Receivers couldn't catch the ball if you walked up and handed it too them. The organization has tried to go cheap on this position the last few years and it has shown. It's bad when you have to rely on players like Tre'Quan Smith to be your number one receiver. The only fix is for the Saints to build this position back up through the draft. They also need to draft another running back to help out Kamara.

This is Smith's last year as a Saint. Even with Thomas and Harris, our receivers are below average. The WR and TE positions need to be upgraded considerably.

Chicago, Houston, Jacksonville, Cleveland and Detroit are all pretty bad too

I couldn’t agree more. As down as I am on Winston it’s almost like you can’t pass full judgment until you see what he could do with weapons. He’s got nobody. I would challenge anyone to look back over the last 15 years and name a receiving corps that’s worse than this one.
We have a bunch of nobody's at receiver. Yet fans act like we have Tampa's receivers and Jameis just can't find them open. SMH

Total honesty here, If Russell Wilson had played, we would have lost by 13...

I disagree. If Wilson had played, with a hand like this, there would have been interceptions and fumbles, and the Saints would have won by more IMHO.

1635295456150.png

Agree. While watching the game it was painstakingly obvious that we have 1 offensive threat. Kamara. The way things are going, we’re going to wear him down or get him hurt. He can’t do it all over a 17 game schedule.

I’ve defended Winston and have given him a lot of benefit of doubt. In Monday’s game as I’m discounting the guys around him, I then came to the conclusion that Jameis is part of the problem too. Inconsistent in his passes. He doesn’t look comfortable, like he’s trying to be a player he is not. Maybe that’s more Sean’s fault than his, but it’s forced. Not a good fit. Jameis would be a hell of a #2 but I’m done thinking he can be “coached up”.

Injury has taken all of our RB depth away.

Callaway is a 3/4 type. Stills a 4/5. Harris is a special teams player. Trautman and Johnson are practice squad level.

TQS is a never was who seems headed toward being a never will be.

Taysom is hurt.

Thomas is useless until he dresses and proves otherwise.

It’s a mess.

I like many of these role players. If they were surrounded by competent skill players around them, they’d probably be decent fill ins. With these guys as a unit of starters, you can’t expect them to perform at an average much less good level.

Last edited:
I disagree. If Wilson had played, with a hand like this, there would have been interceptions and fumbles, and the Saints would have won by more IMHO.

1635295456150.png
Of course I meant a healthy, uninjured Wilson. The defense played great, but we won't win against teams that are coming up, like the Bucs, Bills, and Titans if the offense doesn't get untracked...

Agree. While watching the game it was painstakingly obvious that we have 1 offensive threat. Kamara.

I’ve defended Winston and have given him a lot of benefit of doubt. In Monday’s game as I’m discounting the guys around him, I then came to the conclusion that Jameis is part of the problem too. Inconsistent in his passes. He doesn’t look comfortable, like he’s trying to be a player he is not. Maybe that’s more Sean’s fault than his, but it’s forced. Not a good fit. Jameis would be a hell of a #2 but I’m done thinking he can be “coached up”.

Injury has taken all of our RB depth away.

Callaway is a 3/4 type. Stills a 4/5. Harris is a special teams player. Trautman and Johnson are practice squad level.

TQS is a never was who seems headed toward being a never will be.

Taysom is hurt.

Thomas is useless until he dresses and proves otherwise.

It’s a mess.

I like many of these role players. If they were surrounded by competent skill players around them, they’d probably be decent fill ins. As a unit you can’t expect them to perform as a competent offense.
The Saints offense really missed Taysom and Harris in Seattle. Harris’ speed keeps defenses on their toes, or he makes them pay… and Hill in the H-Back role and his QB package would have helped significantly.

I knew we were in trouble when they let Kevin "Clifford Franklin" White take some snaps.

I knew we were in trouble when they let Kevin "Clifford Franklin" White take some snaps.
White is a strange case. They wouldn't have activated him if he hadn't been showing things in practice, but like a golfer with the yips, just can't perform when the pressure's on...

Total honesty here, If Russell Wilson had played, we would have lost by 13...
So we play the "if this person played" game

If Thomas played would we have more first downs?

If Harris played would he have caught those deep passes?

If Rojas kicked tonight, woukd he have made the 2 kicks and PAT??

COME ON BRO!

So we play the "if this person played" game

If Thomas played would we have more first downs?

If Harris played would he have caught those deep passes?

If Rojas kicked tonight, woukd he have made the 2 kicks and PAT??

COME ON BRO!
Point taken, I let the pessimistic me take over for a minute...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom