We have three starting caliber quarterbacks (1 Viewer)

yardbird

Rookie
Reaction score
It's easy to take for granted that for the third consecutive year, the Saints have three starting-caliber quarterbacks. It's so unusual to have even two, rarer still when the QB1 is elite. It reminds me of watching with envy when the old 49ers teams of the 80s had Montana, Young, and Bono on the same squad, and in 1991, they ended up needing all three just to get through the season.

I never thought I'd see the Saints in such an enviable situation. I feel like the future is bright when Brees returns from injury and when he potentially retires next year. I think the Saints can continue to contend.

I don’t think I’d call Winston a starting caliber QB. There weren’t any other teams offering him a starting position. We do have strong depth at QB, that’s for sure. It could be so much worse like when Billy Joe got hurt and was replaced by Billy Joe.

It's easy to take for granted that for the third consecutive year, the Saints have three starting-caliber quarterbacks. It's so unusual to have even two, rarer still when the QB1 is elite. It reminds me of watching with envy when the old 49ers teams of the 80s had Montana, Young, and Bono on the same squad, and in 1991, they ended up needing all three just to get through the season.

I never thought I'd see the Saints in such an enviable situation. I feel like the future is bright when Brees returns from injury and when he potentially retires next year. I think the Saints can continue to contend.

Calling Breed a "starting-caliber" quarterback is an insult

That can't be right, all the talk is if you have 2 QB's you have none.
So 1=1, 2=0, therefore 3=3!
So confusing!LOL

YEAH, we do!

I don’t think I’d call Winston a starting caliber QB. There weren’t any other teams offering him a starting position. We do have strong depth at QB, that’s for sure. It could be so much worse like when Billy Joe got hurt and was replaced by Billy Joe.

Come on man! I use to be one of the biggest Winston bashers in the world. If the following QBs are starters then Winston absolutely is of that quality

Gardner Minshew
Daniel Jones
Sam Darnold
Dwayne Haskins (to start the season)
Drew Lock
Heck even garbage Nick Foles can be added to this list as he’s been successful with only ONE coach, everywhere else is below average.

Oh, man! The Ode to the Billy Joe's. The Iron Mike daze were one of the low points of the franchise. It was so bad in the late 60s and 70s under Mecom, though, that even the Iron Era was not the nadir.

Seeing what's happening to Brady in TB makes JW look much better.

It's starting to look more and more like lots of ints is a feature of that offense.

You should've known that already. Every QB in a Bruce Arian's offense sets their career record for interceptions in their first year.

We have great depth across the board.

I think Loomis has made it happen!

5,000 yards for a crap team with a crap coach.....a team and coach who now can't win with Tom freaking Brady. I'd say Winston is a top 32 QB which makes him starting caliber. Great find by us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom