We have to buckle up those chin straps... (1 Viewer)

Lee Newell

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
...tightly. We are going to get a heavy dose of Frank Gore this weekend. The 49ers are making no quams about their gameplan for this weekend. They are going to run the football a lot. This is coming from a source out of bay area. I don't have a link but they feel that the Saints can be run on.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Frank Gore is hurt. I doubt he even plays the full game if he plays at all.

johnnyrockets42

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
News: Despite being listed as questionable on the injury report, 49ers head coach Mike Nolan called Frank Gore (leg bruise) "probable" for Week 13.
Impact: There's nothing to worry about here. Gore is fully expected to play Sunday. He took part in individual drills despite missing a portion of 11-on-11s. (Thu. Nov 30, 2006)

They will push him as hard they can the rest of the season they are on the bubble of wildcard.

Paul

Professional
Reaction score
They have no choice but to run it, and run it, and run it some more. At some point, though, they will have to pass the ball.
Charles Grant & Will Smith are coming for you Alex. Do you see those shadows? Hear those footsteps?

Hi Alex, I am the turf. Why do you keep falling on top of me?

:hihi:

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
...tightly. We are going to get a heavy dose of Frank Gore this weekend. The 49ers are making no quams about their gameplan for this weekend. They are going to run the football a lot. This is coming from a source out of bay area. I don't have a link but they feel that the Saints can be run on.
Gore - 5.6 yds per carry, 1177 yds rushing thus far.

Saints Rushing D - 29th in the NFL, giving up 140 yds per game, and 5.0 yds per carry?

Uh, yeh... I'd say that's a pretty good game plan for them to have, and not be afraid to say it...

Let's just see what the Saints can do to slow it down, like keep SF's O on the bench for as long as possible, with sustained TD producing drives of our own.

Last edited:

workhorse

No White Flags!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well then, with Simaneau hurt, start Hammerhead. Also, doesn't Bellemy support the run better than Stoutmire?

antipop

drool mop
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i think those numbers are slightly, i said "slightly" skewed by three games.....mike vick ran for a total of 223 yards in two games against us and then the willie parker fiasco, in which 150 of his yards came on 2 plays....i think we should be able to hold gore enough to win...JMO

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Shut down Gore in the first half and he wont touch the ball in the 2nd half. They can't stop our offense.

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
From what I read earlier today they would like to make the Saints one dimensional.(Pass Happy) Maybe not a good idea with Colston, Horn Henderson & Bush running free in their secondary. Be very careful what you wish for 9ers!

fr3sh

A $ A P
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Put in DC aka Hammerhead, and let Jay Bellamy get some snaps in. With the rest of our group plus those 2, we will limit Gore's effectiveness.

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i think those numbers are slightly, i said "slightly" skewed by three games.....mike vick ran for a total of 223 yards in two games against us and then the willie parker fiasco, in which 150 of his yards came on 2 plays....i think we should be able to hold gore enough to win...JMO
And Gore's 5.6 yds a carry are "slightly skewed" by a few long runs.. It all balances out. Overall, our run defense is our biggest weakness right now, and teams are going to try to capitalize on that. It's the way the game is played.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Gore can't win the game single handly. Not to mention hes got that leg injury. I'm sure that'll slow him down and who knows how many hits he takes before he injures it worse.

We will win this game going away. I feel it.

champ76

Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And Gore's 5.6 yds a carry are "slightly skewed" by a few long runs.. It all balances out. Overall, our run defense is our biggest weakness right now, and teams are going to try to capitalize on that. It's the way the game is played.
I don't see it. I think the Saints run defense has played pretty well. We've played the number one rushing offense twice so far and other than Vick's scrambles, shut down the running game. Maybe I am comparing them too much against the Saints' run defense of the last few years, but I have a great deal of confidence in them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom