We have to disrupt Kirk. Avging 50+ pass attempts per game when losing.. (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And when they get behind. They completely abandon the run. He attempted 55 passes against Bills. 50 against the Rams. 48 in the tie against the Psckers.

It's going to be safe to say that he will probably still get his....This is what I want to see..

1. DBs working on their hands(Kirk throws a lot of intercepted-able passes, but leads the league in drop INT if I'm correct). So, he is putting up a hollow 3 INT stat.
  2. No 3 man rushes. Period.
  3. Work on communication in the zone and tighten up the coverage distance
  4. Drop the sideline defense zone when it leaves gigantic bubbles in the middle of the field in the 2 minute defense
  5. Try to stay away from running man to man if we aren't pressing or jamming receviers at the line. If the CB whiff on a press. It's a TD
  6. They are gonna stretch us on the sideline

The Saints will shut down their run game, which isn't all that great anyway. Kirk Cousins is DEFINITELY going to air it out... Because that's what he does. Not only that, but the Saints defense isn't spectacular at shutting the pass down anyway. Expect this to be a shoot out.

Saints D will need some timely interceptions, and the Offense needs to do what it's done a great job at this past two weeks: TIME OF POSSESION. In two games now they have sustained ten minute drives (neither ended in points, strangely enough).

And when they get behind. They completely abandon the run. He attempted 55 passes against Bills. 50 against the Rams. 48 in the tie against the Psckers.

It's going to be safe to say that he will probably still get his....This is what I want to see..

1. DBs working on their hands(Kirk throws a lot of intercepted-able passes, but leads the league in drop INT if I'm correct). So, he is putting up a hollow 3 INT stat.
  2. No 3 man rushes. Period.
  3. Work on communication in the zone and tighten up the coverage distance
  4. Drop the sideline defense zone when it leaves gigantic bubbles in the middle of the field in the 2 minute defense
  5. Try to stay away from running man to man if we aren't pressing or jamming receviers at the line. If the CB whiff on a press. It's a TD
  6. They are gonna stretch us on the sideline

#3 worked in last year's Redskins game once we started sending extra people to get him down.

#4 means you must've been as angry as I was during the Ravens' final drive.

Like the post above this one says, this one will be a shootout. It won't be 0-0 at the end of the first quarter like the Ravens game.

Him "airing it out" worries me with Crawley or P.J. in the secondary. His passes just have to be in the vicinity of a receiver for them to either catch it or benefit from defensive pass interference. Getting pressure on Cousins is going to be crucial.

this is a test for the defense. they havent really played a high powered offense since the falcons in week 3.

this is a test for the defense. they havent really played a high powered offense since the falcons in week 3.
The big problem with that game was simply penalty keeping ATL alive after initial Ridley destruction. 12 points got flipped to 21 points. ATL wasn't as close as it would appear to be.

I dont see the Saints stopping both Thielen and Diggs. Maybe one of the two but not both. I'd love to be surprised.

The best defense is a good offense in this one. MT, TQS and AK need to go buck wild on that depleted secondary.

I've seen mentioned that after Flacco, the QB w/the most tipped passes @ the line, is Cousins.

Whoever has the ball last wins the game.

That's just typical Kirk Cousins numbers. It's like he never left Washington.

He has always been a volume passer who racks up a ton of yards in garbage time, padding those stats in losses.

I feel like that’s going to be our best defense, to keep our defense off the field. As good as we are against the run, forcing teams to throw on us creates a liability. Cousins could absolutely shred us with those WR’s.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom