We have to do it (make a move to improve OL - edited) (1 Viewer)

WilliamBrees

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Trade someone we don't want to get better at oline or bite the bullet and trade a top 2 round pick. It has to be done. We may not like it but trading Jordan may be it. He's the best defensive player on the team and the only non-draft pick teams would even consider. This offense needs it's identity back ASAP. Are we willing to trade big for the olineman from Dallas? Why did we not go after Jake Long?

Our offense, EVERY YEAR, is top 10.
EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Our defense, meanwhile, is record setting bad.
For multiple years now.

And based on a few PRESEASON games, you are ready to
trade our best defender for an offensive line piece??

Overreact much?

How about we keep slowly improving the D ( by keeping the few good players) and trust the offense will figure it out, you know, like they do every year.

Our offense, EVERY YEAR, is top 10.
EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Our defense, meanwhile, is record setting bad.
For multiple years now.

And based on a few PRESEASON games, you are ready to
trade our best defender for an offensive line piece??

Overreact much?

How about we keep slowly improving the D ( by keeping the few good players) and trust the offense will figure it out, you know, like they do every year.

Thank you I couldn't of said it any better

I agree we can't gut what good players we DO have on defense. We will game plan ways to keep Drew upright.. chipping with the TE.. keeping a RB in for protection.. and Drew will find a way to make the offense as efficient as always... or close to it..

We will pick up a guard from Minny or Dallas and make it work...

Next year we HAVE to address these issues in both FA and the draft but I am not as worried as others that the offense is doomed this year..

Thank you for making this thread. We finally get to discuss the issues with the OL and I appreciate your insight for a reasonable and realistic trade option.

Trade someone we don't want to get better at oline or bite the bullet and trade a top 2 round pick. It has to be done. We may not like it but trading Jordan may be it. He's the best defensive player on the team and the only non-draft pick teams would even consider. This offense needs it's identity back ASAP. Are we willing to trade big for the olineman from Dallas? Why did we not go after Jake Long?

You can't be serious right? Trade our best lineman so we can be just be that much worse on D?

The offense is going to be putting the D back out on the field a lot because we can't count on this O line to convert short yardage or give Drew time to pick apart the secondary.

Kelemete and Lelito are not that good, neither are the young guys, but at least they have upside

Lol trade Cam Jordan?! Is this a joke?! Then just turn our DEs into the worst in the league. Trading Cam would just be a giant step back by getting rid of our best defensive player and arguably the best player on the team. We need Oline but this isn't the way you go about doing that especially with the great contract he is on.

I have said this before but we should be on the phones doing what it takes to pull Anthony Davis away from the 49ers. Only 26 years old and was considered one of the best OTs in the NFL just a year ago before he took a year off from football. He can also play LT if anything happens to Armstead. He would be a Carl Nicks clone for us at 6'5 335 lbs having a perfect build and skill set to transition to OG just as Nicks did. Right now he is a backup on the 49ers with Chip Kelly having already replaced him with his guys. We all know Kelly is willing to trade players who aren't his guys even sending out fan favorite stars with little compensation. IMO Davis is the best player we could realistically get in a trade and wouldn't take crazy compensation to get him. Adding Davis would instantly turn our Oline into a top unit the NFL rivaling the Cowgirls. This would make the competition at RG very good between Peat/Kelemente/Lelito while Peat can also compete with Streif at RT allowing us to put the best combo on the field at the RG/RT position.

Starters - LT-Armstead LG-Davis C-Unger RG-Peat RT-Streif
Backups - LT-Davis OG/C-Kelemente/Lelito/Allen RT-Peat

This group would be one hell of an Oline if you ask me with great depth as well. The left side of this line is filled by 3 pro bowl caliber Olineman. Going into next season we would have a need at 1 OG position to address through the draft and compete with Lelito/Kelemente while Peat makes the permanent move to RT.

Lol trade Jordan? Is this a joke? Then just turn our DEs into the worst in the league.

I have said this before but we should be on the phones doing what it takes to pull Anthony Davis away from the 49ers. Only 26 years old and was considered one of the best OTs in the NFL just a year ago before he took a year off from football. He can also play LT of anything happens to Armstead. He can be a Carl Nicks clone for us at 6'5 335 lbs having a perfect build and skill set to transition to OG. Right now he is a backup on the 49ers with Chip Kelly having already replaced him with his guys. He is probably the best player we could possibly get in a trade and wouldn't take crazy high draft picks for him. Adding Davis would instantly change our Oline to one of the top units in the NFL. This would make the competition at RG very good between Peat/Kelemente/Lelito while Peat can also compete with Streif at RT with whatever the best combo would be for the right side of the line.

Starting LT-Armstead LG-Davis C-Unger RG-Peat RT-Streif

This group would be one hell of an Oline if you ask me with great depth as well. Going into next season we would have a need at 1 OG position that we could address through the draft to compete with Lelito/Kelemente while Peat makes the permanent move to RT.

I'd be all for trying to get Davis....it would be worth the try, and probably not very costly as he's a backup that was out of football for a year.

The Saints should have found a way . to get back in the draft . and take some o lineman . even if it meant picks for next year . just a thought

Lol trade Cam Jordan?! Is this a joke?! Then just turn our DEs into the worst in the league. Trading Cam would just be a giant step back by getting rid of our best defensive player and arguably the best player on the team. We need Oline but this isn't the way you go about doing that especially with the great contract he is on.

I have said this before but we should be on the phones doing what it takes to pull Anthony Davis away from the 49ers. Only 26 years old and was considered one of the best OTs in the NFL just a year ago before he took a year off from football. He can also play LT if anything happens to Armstead. He would be a Carl Nicks clone for us at 6'5 335 lbs having a perfect build and skill set to transition to OG just as Nicks did. Right now he is a backup on the 49ers with Chip Kelly having already replaced him with his guys. We all know Kelly is willing to trade players who aren't his guys even sending out fan favorite stars with little compensation. IMO Davis is the best player we could realistically get in a trade and wouldn't take crazy compensation to get him. Adding Davis would instantly turn our Oline into a top unit the NFL rivaling the Cowgirls. This would make the competition at RG very good between Peat/Kelemente/Lelito while Peat can also compete with Streif at RT allowing us to put the best combo on the field at the RG/RT position.

Starters - LT-Armstead LG-Davis C-Unger RG-Peat RT-Streif
Backups - LT-Davis OG/C-Kelemente/Lelito/Allen RT-Peat

This group would be one hell of an Oline if you ask me with great depth as well. The left side of this line is filled by 3 pro bowl caliber Olineman. Going into next season we would have a need at 1 OG position to address through the draft and compete with Lelito/Kelemente while Peat makes the permanent move to RT.

Anthony Davis would be a dream come true. What do you think it would take to get him? Our 4th round pick?

Well the way our drafts picks pan out I'd rather us trade one of those for a top lineman. Why not trade a high pick for someone who is proven in the league than risk it in someone who could be no use at all. Peat was a first round pick and we can't even find a solid position for him. Says it all. Not to mention our time with Drew is getting shorter and shorter, why wouldn't you want to bite the bullet for one last shot at the Super Bowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom