We have to hope Tony Jones beats out Murray (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
This offense is going to need every little advantage it can get this year with the passing game being a huge question mark.

Murray offers little to nothing at running back.

Jones can give us those explosive plays.

Crossing fingers he continues to shine.

PS - not saying Murray gets cut, just sits the bench most of the game.

Well I don’t know that I’m ready to agree on Murray at all but I’m on board with pulling for Jones.
Yeah I suspect a ton of Saints fans have an overrated viewpoint of Murray vs the reality. He's essentially 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

I do like his TD celebration, however.

This offense is going to need every little advantage it can get this year with the passing game being a huge question mark.

I hope Jones can continue this level of play against some starters. But let's not forget that Murray has given us good play (even explosive at times) when it counts.

Pass blocking is another essential skill that Jones needs to show. We know that Murray can do it at a starting level. [edit: In this offense, it is a critical skill.]

I'd love to see Jones become the man because that means he beat out a good rb and improved the position, so fingers crossed here, too. But I wouldn't go so far as to say Murray "offers little to nothing at running back."

One bad preseason game and ready to cut a veteran. I know it is nice to see some rookie or first year to get some love for his performance, but lets put the breaks on. The only person I see getting cut his Freeman, just because he is new to the team.

If he offers "nothing," why would he make the team?

I think you should be MORE reactionary.

Yeah I suspect a ton of Saints fans have an overrated viewpoint of Murray vs the reality. He's essentially 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

I do like his TD celebration, however.
Dude was averaging 5 yards a carry with 10 or less carries a game. He’s been amazing since he got here and criminally underutilized. Last night was some bs though…

Murray may have played well the last few years but that doesn’t guarantee much for this season. He’s beyond a RBs shelf life.

Jones looks more explosive than Murray...without question. But the fumble is a problem. Murray has been pretty reliable in that regard (aside from the fumble last might)...and the floor is probably higher. But Jones winning would be great because of his age, upside, and cost. He needs more experience next game.

The only question is if TJJ plays special teams. I'm almost certain that neither Murray nor Freeman do so. Washington definitely does. I see this as the running back corps:

Kamara
Murray
TJJ
Washington

with the latter two on special teams.

SFIAH

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom