We have to hope Tony Jones beats out Murray (1 Viewer)

I think Murray will be fine. It could be that father time is starting to catch up to him, definitely possible, we will see when the season starts....

Good call SK... It looks like Jones will definitely push Murray - If not beat him out.... And I really like LM.

Last edited:
I hope Jones can continue this level of play against some starters. But let's not forget that Murray has given us good play (even explosive at times) when it counts.

Pass blocking is another essential skill that Jones needs to show. We know that Murray can do it at a starting level. [edit: In this offense, it is a critical skill.]

I'd love to see Jones become the man because that means he beat out a good rb and improved the position, so fingers crossed here, too. But I wouldn't go so far as to say Murray "offers little to nothing at running back."

If you watch the tape last night, Tony Jones did more then an admirable job pass blocking for Winston. There wouldn't be that TD pass to Callaway if it wasn't for Jones Jr getting his body in front of the incoming Blitzer.

I like Tony Jones Jr a lot, and Murray hasn't looked near as explosive as he has in the past but we'll see.... maybe he just needs to get in better shape

If you watch the tape last night, Tony Jones did more then an admirable job pass blocking for Winston. There wouldn't be that TD pass to Callaway if it wasn't for Jones Jr getting his body in front of the incoming Blitzer.

I like Tony Jones Jr a lot, and Murray hasn't looked near as explosive as he has in the past but we'll see.... maybe he just needs to get in better shape
I'm pretty sure that was Murray. Murray was in on that drive and if you look at the replay, the RB clearly has a "2" on his jersey, as in his number is something in the 20s.

Murray has proven himself over the last two years. When called upon, he has contributed 100 yard games. Too early to say he is done. What have been nice to have him and Taysom in the Bucs playoff game.
He isn’t running with the starting o line.
Freeman is showing absolutely nothing.
That's the last two years. Not this year. Now, I'll admit two things:
1. I haven't seen much tape from training camp on Murray - maybe he's showing more there
2. I can see that maybe he's really just playing it safe for preseason games and not trying to make any big moves or cuts, assuming (or being told) that he's got a starting job already sewn up.

With that being said, Murray has shown nothing more than Freeman in preseason so far, and that's not much of anything at all. If we're basing this SOLELY ON PRESEASON PERFORMANCE, Murray's not showing much value. But I'll trust that the coaches have a more complete view than I do.

Being an NFL RB is brutal and notorious for having a short career.

My personal opinion is especially strong on RB which is better to move on a year early than to keep a year too long.

I did and ...
I'm pretty sure that was Murray. Murray was in on that drive and if you look at the replay, the RB clearly has a "2" on his jersey, as in his number is something in the 20s.
On the first TD pass to Callaway, Jones was in and did little to slow down his defender. He barely rubbed shoulders. In fact, the defender was actually there to cover Jones in case the play was a screen as shown by the fact that he turned and went with Jones into the flat.

On the second TD pass to Callaway, Murray was in and made a very nice block.

It's preseason. :shrug:

Last edited:
Injuries and Covid is why you you bring in Freeman. Freeman could be practice squad if they don’t find a better practice squad player.

I did and ...

On the first TD pass to Callaway, Jones was in and did little to slow down his defender. He barely rubbed shoulders. In fact, the defender was actually there to cover Jones in case the play was a screen as shown by the fact that he turned and went with Jones into the flat.

On the second TD pass to Callaway, Murray was in and made a very nice block.

It's preseason. :shrug:

I thought that was Tony in on the second one, so my mistake!

trade murray for a 7th, freeman can be the third back, still have washington

I'm not as up on the preseason as most, but wasn't there some talk about Kamara splitting out as WR during MT's absence? That would certainly open up opportunities for either RB. Jones as RB and Kamara as WR in a 3 WR set might be fun to watch imo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom