We have zero in this league (1 Viewer)

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Reaction score
It looks like we might finally have a chance to get back to having the top seed in the NFC playoffs, but won’t be able to use our usual elite homefield advantage due to COVID restrictions.

With this possibly being Drew’s last year who knows when we will have another chance at the top spot.

The FDC and WARPSPEED need to get those vaccines rolling out now. I wonder if the NFL will allow full stadiums if the vaccines has been out a few weeks. Probably not, but maybe for the super bowl if they been out for over a month. Doubt it, but they gonna want that money if possible lol

It is what it is.

However, traveling to games will still put you at a disadvantage. Its refreshing to wake up in your own bed and not to worry about all the logistics.

On the bright side, today Goodell said he doesn't envision a bubble system so at least we will get to keep a advantage if we maintain the 1st seed.

The NFL has already come out with a statement they won't ask to cut in line to get players vaccinated.

So we are looking at the off season before anything is done.

I don't understand your thread title.

Yea, vaccine ain’t happening to that level this year.

I thought I seent Goodell say they’d consider a playoff bubble since there were fewer people to consider. I think it’s a good idea, personally.

It looks like we might finally have a chance to get back to having the top seed in the NFC playoffs, but won’t be able to use our usual elite homefield advantage due to COVID restrictions.

With this possibly being Drew’s last year who knows when we will have another chance at the top spot.

The FDC and WARPSPEED need to get those vaccines rolling out now. I wonder if the NFL will allow full stadiums if the vaccines has been out a few weeks. Probably not, but maybe for the super bowl if they been out for over a month. Doubt it, but they gonna want that money if possible lol
Yeah sorry dude. I was hopeful of this (albeit admittedly a little naively) but my wife actually works on Covid vaccine clinical trials and the estimates she’s hearing are closer in line with hopefully there’s a widespread access to vaccines by next football season. She said today she overheard some colleagues today expressing concern at it actually being over a full year from now before things get back to “normal”.

This is all secondhand info though and i don’t understand these things like she does, but it sure took the wind out of my sails haha. Here’s hoping it’s sooner than those estimates! We need it bad.

Yea, vaccine ain’t happening to that level this year.

I thought I seent Goodell say they’d consider a playoff bubble since there were fewer people to consider. I think it’s a good idea, personally.
I heard he's rejected any talk of a bubble and said individual teams will take appropriate precautions.

I heard he's rejected any talk of a bubble and said individual teams have take appropriate precautions.

This is the last I saw (was on Rotoworld, so I’m just seeing who the source was)

Faucci said if people actually take the vaccine, we could see full stadiums again by next September at the earliest.

The majority of people won’t have access to the vaccine until June or later. First rounds are going to be Heath care workers and nursing home residents and other vulnerable people.

So anticipate another interrupted basketball and baseball season before things start getting back to what we used to know — if we’re lucky.

The NFL has already come out with a statement they won't ask to cut in line to get players vaccinated.

Of course! I'm sure not a single influential doctor will divert a few vials of the vaccine supply to any popular NFL team! :mwink:

Of course! I'm sure not a single influential doctor will divert a few vials of the vaccine supply to any popular NFL team! :mwink:
Oschner does have a pretty big stake in the Saints! (Also they kinda owe us for some missed diagnoses throughout the years) ;)

If Roger isn't prepared to entertain (and actually implement) a bubble, then he is an irresponsible peanut. If they take any other approach, we will probably start the Super Bowl with Sam Bradford as our QB and Brandon Marshall as our WR1. The league cannot afford to have a repeat of the Ravens situation in a game of real consequence.

It is what it is.

However, traveling to games will still put you at a disadvantage. Its refreshing to wake up in your own bed and not to worry about all the logistics.

On the bright side, today Goodell said he doesn't envision a bubble system so at least we will get to keep a advantage if we maintain the 1st seed.
Home teams still stay in hotels the night before games (and after too if they want).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom