We have zero in this league (1 Viewer)

We are likely to reach herd immunity before the vaccine gets widely distributed. At a minimum, it is projected 140 million Americans have contacted it. We need to get to roughly 200 million. At the current rate of infections, that will take about 40 days from now.

So one way or another this will be over by Spring.

I hope by spring. But if we can get the old and the weak protected, I think we'll be in pretty good shape and they should let at least let in enough to make some noise. Personally Ss far as real herd immunity. I think the testing for antibodies in those that have had it should be much, much more wide speared. I think many more people have had it then we know

It is what it is.

However, traveling to games will still put you at a disadvantage. Its refreshing to wake up in your own bed and not to worry about all the logistics.

On the bright side, today Goodell said he doesn't envision a bubble system so at least we will get to keep a advantage if we maintain the 1st seed.
I think he said he doesn't envision a bubble system like the NBA. That last part being the key. There could still be individual team bubbles.

It looks like we might finally have a chance to get back to having the top seed in the NFC playoffs, but won’t be able to use our usual elite homefield advantage due to COVID restrictions.

With this possibly being Drew’s last year who knows when we will have another chance at the top spot.

The FDC and WARPSPEED need to get those vaccines rolling out now. I wonder if the NFL will allow full stadiums if the vaccines has been out a few weeks. Probably not, but maybe for the super bowl if they been out for over a month. Doubt it, but they gonna want that money if possible lol

Full stadiums aren’t expected for sports until at earliest July and they said that’ll be pushing it.

Of course! I'm sure not a single influential doctor will divert a few vials of the vaccine supply to any popular NFL team! :mwink:

LOL. The NFL sure did a good job of collecting large numbers of COVID tests. I know a ton of healthcare providers who have NEVER been tested for COVID.

It looks like we might finally have a chance to get back to having the top seed in the NFC playoffs, but won’t be able to use our usual elite homefield advantage due to COVID restrictions.

With this possibly being Drew’s last year who knows when we will have another chance at the top spot.

The FDC and WARPSPEED need to get those vaccines rolling out now. I wonder if the NFL will allow full stadiums if the vaccines has been out a few weeks. Probably not, but maybe for the super bowl if they been out for over a month. Doubt it, but they gonna want that money if possible lol
What do you mean finally? We only went 1 season WITHOUT the top seed, we just had it in 2018 so we haven’t been waiting very long to get it back.
Even without a big home field advantage, its still a huge advantage to not have to play the 1st rd while your opponent is playing.

Oschner does have a pretty big stake in the Saints! (Also they kinda owe us for some missed diagnoses throughout the years) ;)

I read10-15% of folks vaccinated have symptomatic reactions, it requires two injections weeks apart, and up 50% of the population won't get it because reasons.

Protecting the players is good and all, but there's a time frame for that to happen which is considerably different than the regular flu vaccine. That might be doable to get players, but with 50% of the fans not protected, I wouldn't get my hopes up for a full stadium.

Well a least will have front line workers and senior citizens at the game. And I think the front one workers would deserve i.

The only important seed worth fighting for is 1st and 5th. I think it will be us and the buccs in those seeds respectively. We'll give chiefs a game and even if we lose its an AFC loss. Packers D is too inconsistent. They'll score points but to win out... you'll need a strong defense. Everyone talks smack on steelers but their D is why they don't lose games.

I read10-15% of folks vaccinated have symptomatic reactions, it requires two injections weeks apart, and up 50% of the population won't get it because reasons.

Protecting the players is good and all, but there's a time frame for that to happen which is considerably different than the regular flu vaccine. That might be doable to get players, but with 50% of the fans not protected, I wouldn't get my hopes up for a full stadium.

The players don't really need a vaccine. Most will be immune by SB time anyway, and those who aren't are not in any real danger. Their grandparents could be in danger, and should get the vaccine first.

I'm 99% sure a mild reaction is a good thing because it shows that person had little to no immunity. About 3 out of 5 years, my annual flu shot hurts my arm, and makes me a little feverish and achy for 1 day. My wife asks me if my shot is working, and I say "yeah, damnit!"

The players don't really need a vaccine. Most will be immune by SB time anyway, and those who aren't are not in any real danger. Their grandparents could be in danger, and should get the vaccine first.

I'm 99% sure a mild reaction is a good thing because it shows that person had little to no immunity. About 3 out of 5 years, my annual flu shot hurts my arm, and makes me a little feverish and achy for 1 day. My wife asks me if my shot is working, and I say "yeah, damnit!"
If they have a significant reaction it is working, but it also will impact availability possibly in unanticipated ways. That may or may not be ok for the players, but it's not going to put fans in the seats.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom