We held starting Falcon WR's to 47 yards (1 Viewer)

Our Dline is the same guys we started the year with other than Kikaha, it's just we are fooling ourselves thinking that they are better then what they are. But in the end its a collective effort. Ryan almost always had a place to go, that is just plain getting out coached I think. I don't think Allen is the man for this team. . . we need to bring in someone who knows how to fix a defense.

Totally and completely false. Seven starters dude. Even your glass half empty opinions have to acknowledge that.

Having said that, the cutback run just killed the defense. They weren't prepared at all for it. And Freakin' Ryan with the timely scrambles.
I'm pretty sure the rest of the league could start their 2nd and some 3rd stringers across the board and they would get beat but not be this dreadful.

This is talent that has not been developed or coached well. John Jenkins in year 3 (or is it 4). Cam Jordan. Paul Kruger. Craig Robertson. Laurinaitis. Some of these guys are past their prime or solid role players elsewhere but they looked completely lost.

It's much more than injuries. 4 of the last 5 seasons. Futility. It's a trend and it's not just injuries.

But let's just let the same guys do the drafting, scheming and teaching. Law of averages should catch up with us soon.

I'm pretty sure the rest of the league could start their 2nd and some 3rd stringers across the board and they would get beat but not be this dreadful.

This is talent that has not been developed or coached well. John Jenkins in year 3 (or is it 4). Cam Jordan. Paul Kruger. Craig Robertson. Laurinaitis. Some of these guys are past their prime or solid role players elsewhere but they looked completely lost.

It's much more than injuries. 4 of the last 5 seasons. Futility. It's a trend and it's not just injuries.

But let's just let the same guys do the drafting, scheming and teaching. Law of averages should catch up with us soon.
I'm pretty sure they couldn't.

"show me a team with a top ranked pass defense,and I'll show you a team getting the ball ran down their throat"- Bill Parcells

Pretty prophetic tonight

So other than that, how did you like the play, Ms. Lincoln?

I was pretty irritated that we couldnt cover a damn running back out of the back field tonight. I dont understand why we continue to have this problem year in and year out. Then Matt Ryan scrambles foe thirty yards or whatever it was. Such a frustrating game, yet... we were still in it at the end because we have an elite offense run by Drew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was pretty irritated that we couldnt cover a damn running back out of the back field tonight. I dont understand why we continue to have this problem year in and year out. Then Matt Ryan scrambles foe thirty yards or whatever it was. Such a frustrating game, yet... we were still in it at the end because we have an elite offense run by Drew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that there was absolutely no one there to cover RBs half the time tells me there is a huge scheme/communication problem. Getting beat happens, but players aren't even close to being in position to make a play. :rant:

The fact that there was absolutely no one there to cover RBs half the time tells me there is a huge scheme/communication problem. Getting beat happens, but players aren't even close to being in position to make a play. :rant:

Yep. I would settle for a cover two man defense every play for the rest of the season as long as someone is in the area to at least chase or challenge the receiver.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom