We just can't get a break (1 Viewer)

If our skill guys, our OL and DL are all as good as we have been claiming, then we should win the division. Plus we have the best punter and kicker duo in the league. If we don't win the division, then we overpaid a BUNCH of players, not just Teddy.

To everyone’s surprise we may see more of Taysom than Teddy come this Sunday.

It's my fault. I haven't posted any reverse jinx threads like I did last year and 2017. My positive energy has brought us 4 7-9 energy and Drew Brees injury. My praise Peat thread brought about the whiff block from Peat that got Brees injuried. I'm cursed

Dead Falcon Voodoo God demands a sacrifice. @Andrus

*Passes out tin foil hats*

Last edited:
Yeah, I said that has soon as Brees went down. But maybe this is why the word resilience exist. Plus, Rankins will be back soon which will make the defense amazing and AA is good but Kiko is a good vet LB and Craig is an underated good LB as well so no worries there. Also, if Brees comes back in 6 weeks, he’s fresh. Going into the playoffs, that will be HUGE. The biggest question mark is the back-up QBs right now. We need a winning record by the time Brees comes back. We will have it. We are RESILIENT.

If you think this team is going to lay down then you're mistaken. The fans are throwing up their hands and saying all is lost but those players aren't. There's still a lot of talent in that locker room and now all of the sudden they went from Super Bowl favorites to being written off by the media.

Here's your silver lining, the team is going to rally around Teddy and embrace this newfound underdog role. Teams are going to take the Saints lightly and they're going to shock some people. Expect to see maximum effort being given by every single player on the field.

And here's an alternate silver lining, if the team stinks then we'll get a better draft pick.

Last edited:
Seriously, what would a QB that's never been in our system do? These dumb threads of Eli Manning, bring in a vet QB, our system is something you just don't learn in a week. These ideas are dumb! Stop the panic!

These QB's would offer about as much as me, nothing.

Give Teddy a shot with a gameplan in place before we write him off.

If you think this team is going to lay down then you're mistaken. The fans are throwing up their hands and saying all is lost but those players aren't. There's still a lot of talent in that locker room and now all of the sudden they went from Super Bowl favorites to be written off by the media.

Here's your silver lining, the team is going to rally around Teddy and embrace this newfound underdog role. Teams are going to take the Saints lightly and they're going to shock some people. Expect to see maximum effort being given by every single player on the field.

And here's an alternate silver lining, if the team stinks then we'll get a better draft pick.

Fair weathered fans are throwing up their hands. Real fans are not.

2 years ago it was the Minnesota Miracle. Last year, it was the No Call on the PI and Helmet to Helmet hit. Now, it's injuries: Bree's, Anzalone, Rankins....Jeez!

Now, we're down to Bridgewater playing QB. Like Tom Cruise said in a Few Good Men, "And the hits just keep on coming...." When we first traded for TB, I was excited. I never really watched him play for the Vikings, but I remembered him winning and taking them to the playoffs. Then, Carolina happened. I thought to myself that it was just because we had taken out all of our top offensive players, and that TB hadn't had a whole off-season in our offense. Then, Bree's goes down, and he played most of the Rams game. This, after what I saw in the pre-season. God, I hope I'm wrong, but I think our season is done if we play him over Hill. 6 points in a game? Less than 200 yards passing. This is Michael Vick territory. Jeez!

I wonder if Loomis is looking into a trade for a QB that we don't know about. He and Payton have to have seen the same things we've all seen. Holding on to the ball too long, over throwing receivers, throwing the ball into the ground.....it just feels to me like we have gone from a SB team to a 3 place finish in the NFC South.

Someone, please show me a silver lining in all of this.
The silver lining is:
It took a miracle, a screw job by officials, and a fluke injury to keep us from multiple Super Bowls (the last one is still pending).

Omg, Michael Vick territory? Really? If that was the case then you and especially you wouldn't, or should I say, shouldn't be worried. I know the fan base wouldn't be. So we can be clear, Vick was some kind of slouch in the first 2 parts of his career? Because if he was, my 40 y/o self don't remember it. I'm no apologist, just get tired of fans spewing bs about said players that they just didn't like, as if they personally know/knew them. I have faith in our coaching staff as well as our players, even moreso now that Brees is down and it brings the whole organization together for the perfect story and or cause. Which is for Brees. A man, person, character, teammate like Brees. Believe you me, I would've loved to have seen a Vick type performance after Brees went down and I'm certainly sure the majority of the fan base would probably have to agree and set their biases aside. To me, that's like saying omg #Cantguardmike just went down, it's over now because all we have left is little bitty ol Steve Smith to fill in for him. Smh, I know you're a knowledgeable fan but Cmon man, Vick? Aaron Brooks would've been a better biased opinion to a certain extent and still would've been a failed biased statement considering the the little good he did bring for a very short amount of time. Say Bobby or Steve Walsh or Wuerfell(sp)...Vick, really? People can hate Vick all they want, but in all honesty Vick had the 'it' factor and a helluva theme park ride called the Michael Vick experience for a reason! "Remember" this, most of YouTube is for people who must've forgot. #Royjonesjr. I've prayed for Brees and this team and left it be, wanna know why, because we have a top 5 class A organization with a future HOF coach who has already forgotten about last Sunday and has the troops already rallying behind TB and TH. That's what great coaches do when adversity hits their team in the face and he/coach believes in his product, his abilities and his players alike. Over the past few days I have found myself feeling better and better about this situation, simply because of everything mentioned previously in this post. What an even better ending to our Superbowl story. Will be available in stores 2/14/20...

Yeah, I said that has soon as Brees went down. But maybe this is why the word resilience exist. Plus, Rankins will be back soon which will make the defense amazing and AA is good but Kiko is a good vet LB and Craig is an underated good LB as well so no worries there. Also, if Brees comes back in 6 weeks, he’s fresh. Going into the playoffs, that will be HUGE. The biggest question mark is the back-up QBs right now. We need a winning record by the time Brees comes back. We will have it. We are RESILIENT.

I blame myself. I had a fleeting thought about Brees getting hurt. I can always predict the bad stuff, but never the good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom