We let too much talent go at one time (1 Viewer)

DzynRex3hunna

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Title says it all. I understand the notion of rebuilding with character guys , but its left a terrible product on the field.

This is not a kneejerk reaction. Im judging off of our play thus far and our play the past 2 seasons.

Graham was a huge part of our offense - Gone
Sproles was a huge part of our offense - Gone
Stills was a top 10 reciever in our system - Gone
Curtis Lofton was a stud LB for us - Gone
CB's never recovered after greer Went down - Gone
Keenan Lewis was elite when he was healthy - Gone
Isa Abdul was a budding star with us - Gone
Akiem Hicks was a budding star with us - Gone
Junior Galette was a crucial part of that #4 defense - Gone
Grubbs would be such an upgrade right now its not even funny - Gone
Ben Watson balled out for us - Gone

My point is this , I know situations arose. Each guy had their own issues with the Front Office , and we coudlve withstood to lose some of these guys , but not all of them and not all of them as rapidly as we did. I know contracts and salary caps factor into it , but this was in no way a " Smart Outcome ".

We are not even competitive at home anymore.

And we royally topped this off with not extending Brees so that we can at very least get a first rounder to help us in the future. Hes going to literally waltz out of here and we wont have a defense or offense to field.

:jpshakehead:

Stopped reading at Curtis lofton a study lb for us. Lol.

2014 we had half those guys you mentioned and still were 7-9.

Stopped reading at Curtis lofton a study lb for us. Lol.

2014 we had half those guys you mentioned and still were 7-9.

He nearly led the league in tackles with us. And that same roster most likely wouldn't have a second bland season.

The panthers were 8-8 and 7-9 city before going 15-1 ...

Stills top 10 in our system??? U mean more like top 50 right? And even that is pushing it.

Kenny Stills was a baller for us. Lef the league in yards per reception his last year with us. Easy to say he wouldve continue to develop into a top 10 guy. He had Drew Brees !

Were any of those guys on the O-Line? No? So why even make this post? None of those guys (directly or indirectly) are the reason we lost tonight.

Our main problem is our oline and you're seriously complaining about us letting Isa Abdul-Quddus go years ago? Looking at your whole list of players, literally not one of them left here and improved after so give me a break.

Welcome to the NFL. Teams lose talented players all the time. They sign elsewhere in free agency. They get injured. They get old. The key is having younger players to take their place. That means making really smart decisions in free agency, drafting reasonably well, and keeping your draft picks.

Our main problem is our oline and you're seriously complaining about us letting Isa Abdul-Quddus go years ago? Looking at your whole list of players, literally not one of them left here and improved after so give me a break.

Jenkins has been rated the top safety in the NFL, after he left us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom