We lost today when Breaux left the game (1 Viewer)

I agree with that the game ended when Breaux was out, but I am optimistic about our dbs. During the game I made a comment that our wrs were doing well against the Raider defense and that it was a good sign. A poster mentioned to me that the Raiders hadn't played together enough for this to be meaningful. I think there is something to that. This isn't our defensive units final form. There is reason to be optimistic. This db unit will get better with time. We played a top 10 team to the final minute. We will get there, but remember that this is a marathon not a sprint.

Breaux was out most of the second quarter also. Should have adjusted the defense rather than sending him back in there to get hurt further.

Just want to clear something up, Breaux was not carted off the field he was helped off the field by to of our medical staff in which they then placed him on the cart to go take x-rays. The doctor was looking at his leg from the knee down. He was in a lot of pain whenever he tried to pace weight on it. Hopefully it is a bad contusion and not a broken leg or an acl that was injured.

And we sucked without him. Overall though, I felt we had a decent opening game. Our offense that looked so bad in preseason looked really good. While we did not have a lot of pressure from our linemen I believe that The pressure was weak because we had to double up on our DB's with our safeties. I was not thinking this defense would gel for at least 4-6 games and was pleased with certain players efforts.

Just want to clear something up, Breaux was not carted off the field he was helped off the field by to of our medical staff in which they then placed him on the cart to go take x-rays. The doctor was looking at his leg from the knee down. He was in a lot of pain whenever he tried to pace weight on it. Hopefully it is a bad contusion and not a broken leg or an acl that was injured.

And we sucked without him. Overall though, I felt we had a decent opening game. Our offense that looked so bad in preseason looked really good. While we did not have a lot of pressure from our linemen I believe that The pressure was weak because we had to double up on our DB's with our safeties. I was not thinking this defense would gel for at least 4-6 games and was pleased with certain players efforts.

Reports are broken fibula. So if the Saints are the worst defense in football without Breaux, they are the worst defense in football until at least week 10.

Byrd has to go too. Absolutely lost the entire day. He makes Malcom Jenkins bad angles look good. The long TD run is an 8 yard gain if he doesn't completely whiff. He has replaced Jason David, Browner and Turducken Jones as the worst FA signings in the teams history. Play Bell and let him learn.

You are an idiot. Byrd made several key saves.

This forum is ridiculous.

Yep, I told this to my buddy. The minute Breaux when out, Carr's eyes were wide open and he picked us apart from there.

I just hope we can get Finnegan back. At least he has experience and looked pretty good in the preseason. The fact, however, is that there is nobody who is going to replace and play at the same level as Breaux. Without him shutting down one side of the field, opposing QB's will not be limited in their reads and the Saints will not be able to help out the #2 CB! It is what it is and if there is a silver lining I guess that it will be the experience our young defensive backfield gets this year!

Yep. After he went down I seriously couldn't believe the Raiders kept pounding the rock on that drive. Knew they'd figure it out eventually. That loss stings, as does the early speculative news on Breaux

it sounds stupid to say... but Breaux is arguably as important as Brees on this team. We can't score 60/game and without Breaux we will have to.

Now that Breaux broke his leg, barring a big trade, I think the season is over

Ding. If we are going to sit on Spiller might as well swap him for a DB because the game is too big for Crawley. He missed tackles, got picked on, and couldn't respond. This does make me feel good about PJ Williams if Breaux is going to be injured for an extended time this ain't good.

Might as well being KLew back at this rate because Crawley isn't the answer.

More or less the DLine was trash. It could have at least covered up the fact that we're playing with young DBs but they could were terrible and guess what there isn't anyone who's going to come in and save it. Not on the edge at least. Maybe Rankins has some juice on his return but who knows.

This season is going to require a lot of luck because our depth is going to be tested via injuries all season and this was one of those games where 1 injury was truly the turning point.

I agree with your comments and will go a step further. I argue that Breaux is so important to this team that unless we make a mega deal with another team for a top 15-20 CB--Breaux is top 10--we're done. I don't think a guy or two off the street or anyone currently on our roster will bring enough to the table to overcome Breaux's loss. I don't RECOMMEND that we give up future draft picks but if we even want a decent chance to make it to the playoffs, we'll have to make a huge deal which would most likely include Spiller and a high future pick. And we'd have to hope someone would be willing to trade one of their top corners.

Do we want to mortgage a bit of the future to give ourselves a chance this season?

Or do we give up our slim playoff hopes and replace Breaux with someone mediocre?

We don't have much time to decide. It's a very, very tough decision.

What would I personally do? I'd pick-up someone off the street. I think we have a bright future and I wouldn't want to mortgage valuable draft picks to save this unpromising season.

If we pick-up someone mediocre, we'll find out very quickly next week against the Giants that we'll need a top-20 corner or we (the fans) can start putting some serious thought into the 2017 draft.

Byrd has to go too. Absolutely lost the entire day. He makes Malcom Jenkins bad angles look good. The long TD run is an 8 yard gain if he doesn't completely whiff. He has replaced Jason David, Browner and Turducken Jones as the worst FA signings in the teams history. Play Bell and let him learn.

To me this is the biggest problem. Byrd is doing nothing for the Saints and getting paid a crazy amount of money. I do blame him for the long TD run. Why is Byrd so ineffective!

We better not have burned bridges with Finnegan. I keep refreshing to see if we signed him back. He was by far the 2nd best corner on the team, and the most physical tackler I have seen on this team in a LONG time.

I agree with your comments and will go a step further. I argue that Breaux is so important to this team that unless we make a mega deal with another team for a top 15-20 CB--Breaux is top 10--we're done. I don't think a guy or two off the street or anyone currently on our roster will bring enough to the table to overcome Breaux's loss. I don't RECOMMEND that we give up future draft picks but if we even want a decent chance to make it to the playoffs, we'll have to make a huge deal which would most likely include Spiller and a high future pick. And we'd have to hope someone would be willing to trade one of their top corners.

Do we want to mortgage a bit of the future to give ourselves a chance this season?

Or do we give up our slim playoff hopes and replace Breaux with someone mediocre?

We don't have much time to decide. It's a very, very tough decision.

What would I personally do? I'd pick-up someone off the street. I think we have a bright future and I wouldn't want to mortgage valuable draft picks to save this unpromising season.

If we pick-up someone mediocre, we'll find out very quickly next week against the Giants that we'll need a top-20 corner or we (the fans) can start putting some serious thought into the 2017 draft.

Another factor to that is that we don't know how many more years of Brees' high quality play we'll get - he is 37 after all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom