We might hate to admit this, but in many respects Hill played a lot like Vick used to (1 Viewer)

slow down guys lol. He did great, but comparing him to Lamar, and Michael Vick, we need to see it consistently. Teams will watch film on Taysom, and the next step will be overcoming that. They will try to get him to show his weaknesses. What nobody talked about is the fact that Taysom took the sacks instead of trying to force anything. The only one he forced was near the goal line that could have been picked. Other than that, he played a flawless game. Let's see what Fangio has in store.
Yeah...that’s not how we do this

Hill last night 18/23 233 yards. 10 rushes 54 yards.

Michael Vick "prime" years 2002-2006. Averaged passing 24.5 attempts/game, 162 yards/game. Completion 54.4%. Rushing 7.5 attempts/game, 54 yards. Also Vick had a fumbling problem, Hill has had three already this year.
In fairness, I don't think he had ANY in his first 3 years, so he's got 3 in 4 years. Its becoming a problem if he don't nip it in the bud, but I wouldn't say its a problem yet. He had offseason surgery on a finger that got jammed real bad and tore some ligaments. I wonder if that is effecting his grip still?

I generally don't care much for Colin Cowherd, but I'll pass this along from his show today:

"Jameis Winston is probably the better thrower of the football and a better longer-term 'franchise-y' quarterback, but Payton is just trying to win three games (without Brees) right now. Hill was a better fit for the coaching staff right now. And he presented a curve ball that Atlanta just couldn't deal with."

It's still Steve Young for me.

Because of his size, Young was 6'2", 215.

Hill is 6'2", 220.

When Young was running down field, he would try to run you over, just like Taysom.

Plus they are both Mormons.
I keep hearing Taysom is 240+.
220 was his weight going onto the Packers. Comparing the 2 body types from then to now is pretty noticeable.

Vick relied much more of quickness and juking defenders while Taysom is about finding the right blocks and then trucking and breaking tackles. Not the say he isn't fast because he definitely has speed it's just not the shifty kind of speed Vick had.
I agree Taysom can't juke the way Vick did, but he definitely has above average speed. Go back and look at his longest run against the 9ers, the one where he hurdles a defender at the end. Check out how he puts it into fifth gear and leaves the players trailing him in the dust. Then, look at his second rushing touchdown yesterday, where he outruns the D to the pylon. Dude has some wheels.

It's still Steve Young for me.

Because of his size, Young was 6'2", 215.

Hill is 6'2", 220.

When Young was running down field, he would try to run you over, just like Taysom.

Plus they are both Mormons.

There really are a lot of Steve Young parallels. Even the situations as understudies to HOFers on good teams.

If we are going that route, then he "should" have been 19/23 with an interception, when he threw the pass to sanders that was 20 yards underthrown.

The post-game analysis showed his leg was grabbed mid-throw and likely caused the underthrow.

Vick barely ran RPO. OCs back then we’re still focused on turning running QBs into pocket passers. If Vick was used in the same capacity as Jackson and Murray are currently, it would have been an absolute nightmare.

Hill was looking to run much less. He also doesn’t have near the arm Vick had (few do). Hill is way stronger and better down hill. Vick was a much worse passer (though Hill needs a bigger sample size). I don’t see the comparison except “look, that QB runs sometimes,” and that’s true for a bunch of other QBs.

Hill’s closest comparison right now is Josh Allen.

Hill last night 18/23 233 yards. 10 rushes 54 yards.

Michael Vick "prime" years 2002-2006. Averaged passing 24.5 attempts/game, 162 yards/game. Completion 54.4%. Rushing 7.5 attempts/game, 54 yards. Also Vick had a fumbling problem, Hill has had three already this year.

Did Hill complete 54% of his passes for only 160 yards? Seems to me he completed close to 80% for 233 yards..and if not for a penalty and a big MT drop it would’ve been 80% for over 300 yards.

I just don’t see the comparison other than passing attempts and rushing yards. And that’s just based on the game. A more competitive game he may have had to throw it more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom