Saints We need 2 more LBs (1 Viewer)

I agree the room needs two new bodies, one to develop and one to compete for a starting spot. Stephane Anthony is just taking up a spot.

Davis is a starter. Let Anzalone & Alonso compete in the middle.Robertson has proven to be a top backup. I know they like Ellis but he’s most likely the same kind of player. That leaves one starting spot to fill.

I’d be really surprised if either Alonso or Anzalone are on the Saints I’m 2021. So it wouldn’t surprise me if they took two LBs in the draft. It’s not an immediate need (one is)...so I can see one early (likely 1st round) and another later (round 5-7, UDFA).

I’d be really surprised if either Alonso or Anzalone are on the Saints I’m 2021. So it wouldn’t surprise me if they took two LBs in the draft. It’s not an immediate need (one is)...so I can see one early (likely 1st round) and another later (round 5-7, UDFA).
Let's say Demario Davis gets hurt then what? Or better yet let's say anzalone and Alonzo get hurt like last year then what? We need 2 good linebackers (2) and 1 good CB .

As I see it, we have four areas we need to address, in no particular order: WR, G, LB, and CB. We have only five picks, and only three of those are early enough to where I could consider a player drafted as someone we can reasonably count on to fill a need. Therefore, we are either going to have to get incredibly lucky, or make more than one trade, in order to avoid being disappointed after the draft. Time to set our expectations properly.

I would be more than fine taking 2 LBs. Not sure Anzalone will get another contract if he doesn’t have a full year of health and good play. Like Anzalone, Kiko is an injury waiting to happen, oh wait he’s injured now lol. Craig Robertson is old and mainly a special teams ace. We haven’t seen much from Kaden Elliss, but he fits the mold of the kind of LBs Payton likes. We need a starting SAM LB more than anything and neither Murray or Queen fit that spot. I would like to bring in Alec Ogletree or Nigel Bradham on a cheap one year prove it deal. Unless they think Anzalone & Kiko could fit that role, but that’s asking a lot.

SAM: Ogletree or Bradham, Kiko, Elliss
MIKE: Murray or Queen, Anzalone
WILL: Davis, Robertson

That would be a nice depth chart for that position.

How many LBs do y’all want to carry on the roster? The Saints normally keep 4 or 5, IIRC. Adding one LB would likely mean releasing Craig Robertson. Adding two would mean releasing Robertson AND keeping 6 LBs on the roster. I just don’t see that happening.

Demario Davis
Alex Anzalone
Kiko Alonso
Kaden Elliss
Craig Robertson

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom