We need a 2017 turnaround! (1 Viewer)

we're already banged up and it's only week 4. Lattimore, Peat, Cooks, and Davenport. 4 starters!

I remember during the preseason of 2017, our defense looked amazing. We were aggressive, hard hitting and coming up with turnovers. When the regular season came, I don't know what the heck happened but we were the complete opposite.
It was rumored that Kenny Vaccaro gathered the defense, and then went to the coaches and told them to go back to what they were doing during the preseason.

I don't know how true that is, but if that's the case, them maybe MJ needs to have a talk with the defense and coaches to see what they can do.

I love the fact that they are aggressive, but if we are blitzing, we need to make sure that the QB is getting hit, instead of giving them time for a big play.
The Saints as an organization is not invested in the season, so that kind of turnaround just isn't going to happen. There is no way any team could be this ill prepared and make that kind of adjustment.
I'm ashamed to admit that I'm finding it impossible to get into this season, and now that we are seeing the first Covid-19 postponement of the season this week, it'll be even harder to accept 2020 as a legitimate year of NFL football. When I first heard about elimination of offseason workouts, it was clear that the season was doomed before it ever started. :mecry: The elimination of preseason games was the nail in the coffin. The NFL is just trying to fulfill their TV contract so the networks won't default on their payments to the league. Covid-19has become another bizarre situation to stand in the way of a successful SuperBowl season. :covri:

The Saints as an organization is not invested in the season, so that kind of turnaround just isn't going to happen. There is no way any team could be this ill prepared and make that kind of adjustment.
I'm ashamed to admit that I'm finding it impossible to get into this season, and now that we are seeing the first Covid-19 postponement of the season this week, it'll be even harder to accept 2020 as a legitimate year of NFL football. When I first heard about elimination of offseason workouts, it was clear that the season was doomed before it ever started. :mecry: The elimination of preseason games was the nail in the coffin. The NFL is just trying to fulfill their TV contract so the networks won't default on their payments to the league. Covid-19has become another bizarre situation to stand in the way of a successful SuperBowl season. :covri:
Why do you feel that the team is not invested into the season? I admit that this season is very unique, but I wouldn't blame our lack of success because of how the off season went. Those circumstances didn't impact the other teams that are winning.

No matter what happened in the past, the Saints need to turn it around now. They have the talent to do it, so now it's up to the coaches and the leaders on the team to get it right.

Why do you feel that the team is not invested into the season? I admit that this season is very unique, but I wouldn't blame our lack of success because of how the off season went. Those circumstances didn't impact the other teams that are winning.

No matter what happened in the past, the Saints need to turn it around now. They have the talent to do it, so now it's up to the coaches and the leaders on the team to get it right.
They're dropping like flies and sleepwalking through these last two games.
They aren't physically prepared and I believe this has affected them mentally as well.
It all has to be working to be a real contender in this league. They didn't look all that good in training camp.
This was bound to happen.

They're dropping like flies and sleepwalking through these last two games.
They aren't physically prepared and I believe this has affected them mentally as well.
It all has to be working to be a real contender in this league. They didn't look all that good in training camp.
This was bound to happen.
I stayed away from TC threads because I figured there wouldn't be an accurate way to judge how the team would perform under restricted views from the media, and no fans attending, so I can't comment on that.
I will mention that judging by the Tampa game & 1st quarter against the Raiders, the talent is their. I think the coaching, leadership and morale might be a reason to our current state. That's one of the reasons why I am optimistic about turning it around.

I stayed away from TC threads because I figured there wouldn't be an accurate way to judge how the team would perform under restricted views from the media, and no fans attending, so I can't comment on that.
I will mention that judging by the Tampa game & 1st quarter against the Raiders, the talent is their. I think the coaching, leadership and morale might be a reason to our current state. That's one of the reasons why I am optimistic about turning it around.
Talent yes. But the conditioning just isn't there this year.
They are running on empty by halftime. :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom