We Need A New Definition... (1 Viewer)

thailen

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
of a fumble. I never could understand why there isn't a distinction between what happens when a ball carrier drops the football and when some player punches or grabs the ball away. Why should a D be credited with a takeaway(assuming they recover), when they did nothing to cause it? Maybe we need a category like Takeaway. The same is true of the difference between a QB throwing the ball to a defensive player and when a DB actually grabs the ball in the air or deflects it to a teammate.
My point is on the one hand, the offensive guy causing the fumble or interception should be charged with a negative stat, while any defensive player should get credit when he caused the play. I'm even thinking any player causing a fumble should be given credit, even though the defense doesn't get the ball back. You think that's outrageous? Then why is there a "pass breakup" category but not a "run breakup" one?
Just a thought...

ronno1

Reaction score
1 is a fumble and the other is a forced fumble. I very rarely see the runner just drop the ball without some type of defense being involved.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom