Saints We need a new TE (1 Viewer)

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Jared Cook is not getting it done. And he looks done out there. I want us to start Josh Hill for now and find another TE next year, hopefully not with a high draft pick as we have other more pressing needs like QB, DE, CB, S.

Cook just seems to be having a bad couple of games and looks low energy. Josh Hill is a better blocker and can find holes in zone coverage. And of course we have Trautman also who is good in short yardage and can win the right match up. I’m not saying move on from Cook but reduce his snap count.

Our TEs won’t matter much the next weeks without Brees.
There will be far superior targets on a limited playbook for Winston

Oh, I thought this was gonna be another Drew Brees is old and sucks post.
Between the constant injuries, playing down to opponents, and annoyance with playcalling while you don't know if we are getting Good Drew or 2019 Viking Drew. At this point, I don't think there is one clear issue that standout from the other.

So after Tampa’s exceptional performance, y’all are still doubting Drew’s ability? Did you not watch how porous our line was yesterday? All of our QB’s were sacked. ALL THREE OF THEM!

You can complain about the national media’s coverage of this team, but our own fan base is fickle when it comes to evaluating Drew. Wow.

I honestly believe Cook is simply just in a little bit of a rut. Its almost like he's just thinking too much out there. If thats true, its not much of a big deal. He just has to work through it.

Jared Cook is not getting it done. And he looks done out there. I want us to start Josh Hill for now and find another TE next year, hopefully not with a high draft pick as we have other more pressing needs like QB, DE, CB, S.

Cook just seems to be having a bad couple of games and looks low energy. Josh Hill is a better blocker and can find holes in zone coverage. And of course we have Trautman also who is good in short yardage and can win the right match up. I’m not saying move on from Cook but reduce his snap count.
Hill went out with a concussion. He has had multiples over the last few years. Guessing he will be out for a while. Trautman moves up and they move the practice squad TE up.

Cook has pretty disappointing overall this season. His career is coming to an end (he's 33).

I don't know much about the TE class in this coming draft, but the TE from Florida (Kyle Pitts) looks really good this year. If somehow he drops in the 2nd round, he would be a great replacement for Cook. I don't think Pitts is much of a blocker, more of a big receiver type just like Cook.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom