We need a receiver (1 Viewer)

We have 2 more camp bodies signed at the position. Brewster and someone else.
I think Payton would prefer to sort that out in the draft.
If we got Shockey our passing offense becomes stupidly good. He is also the best run blocking TE there is IMO.
I think that move would be very good. Darius Reynauld or Dexter Jackson would be solid 5-6 round picks. We might take Eddie Royal too for his return skills.

i think we will resign patten, grab a receiver in the second day of the draft, and be pleasently surprised when meachem comes to play. he is like an extra first round pick this year

:plus-un2: If that happens, we're fine at receiver. No need to trade/overpay for a veteran.

Just looked, 3 receptions in 2 years. Well heck, since we signed him we certainly don't need to draft a reciver.

ddd

He's mostly a kick returner - too small to be an NFL receiver. He went to Dallas as a UDFA, then to Cincy. If he makes the roster, it will be as a KR.

Thanks, I've never heard of him!

I guess I'm not as up on this stuff as I think, LOL.

Just looked, 3 receptions in 2 years. Well heck, since we signed him we certainly don't need to draft a reciver.

ddd

The thinking is that he'll mostly be used as a returner.

Thanks, I've never heard of him!

I guess I'm not as up on this stuff as I think, LOL.

ddd
LOL...yeah, I wouldn't count on much. If he just makes the team it'll be a win. But in his defense, Dallas was using him as a return man and trying to convert him to running back. He might be the new Michael Lewis for us, we'll see. I always liked him at LSU but never thought he had a lot of future in the NFL. He'll be the underdog to root for this year in TC.

:plus-un2: If that happens, we're fine at receiver. No need to trade/overpay for a veteran.

Zackly. I say grab Royal in the 3rd if he hasn't already gone. He did good at the Combines, so he may have moved up.

1st Rd - DL or BPA
2nd Rd - LB
3rd Rd - WR - If CB has been addressed in FA (which I'm not sure will happen).

How's this guy sound...

Height: 6-2 | Weight: 214 | 40-Time: 4.39
Official Bio 5th rated WR
Strengths:
Has terrific timed speed and quickness with a burst...Excellent size and he knows how to use it...Has a pretty solid build and the frame to bulk up further...Has long arms...Elusive and runs well after the catch...Shows some power and he'll break tackles...Has big hands and will snatch the ball out of the air...A big play threat in the vertical passing game...Coming off his best season and still has some upside.

How's this guy sound...

Height: 6-2 | Weight: 214 | 40-Time: 4.39
Official Bio 5th rated WR
Strengths:
Has terrific timed speed and quickness with a burst...Excellent size and he knows how to use it...Has a pretty solid build and the frame to bulk up further...Has long arms...Elusive and runs well after the catch...Shows some power and he'll break tackles...Has big hands and will snatch the ball out of the air...A big play threat in the vertical passing game...Coming off his best season and still has some upside.

Meachem?

I love how Skyler Green's name is thrown in and Copper's left out. Like Green's anything more than a campbody. Just like that other WR we signed last week, whatever-his-name-is. Funny the OP included Green but not that guy.........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom