We need Curtis Lofton! (1 Viewer)

I posted Lofton some time ago on here and I would be happy with him but after going through some of the other MLB prospects I would not be upset if the saints took another player.

Looking forward to the combine to see how they all shake out. Conner, Lofton, Mayo, Wheeler, and then I think there is Mayo's backup that is also getting some hype now.

There appears to be about 5 MLB that could step in and be alot better than what the saints had last year.

I'm a fan as well but I don't think he will end up a Saint.
I believe he will be a late 1st rounder so unless we trade down he will be gone
before our 2nd round pick. I'd love to have him but not likely I don't think.

i agree

my biggest hope is taht he burns it up at the combine and we take him at 10. if he runs a 4.5 something that may happen. or runs a somewhat slow time and he drops to us in the second

i think he is good enough to take in the first even at 10. he dominated the Big 12 this year

The only thing better than Jenkins and Lofton would be Ellis and lofton.

Anybody notice, or care to remember the last draft the Saints had were u were happy with every selection? No really....am I the only one who when the Saints were on the board, sat there screaming for a player who was still available at a need position and the Saints either pick a totally different position, or pick the position but not the player...and that player turns out to be good for the team that drafted him?.....if you do, then you know all these guys we think the Saints are targeting....there not.

I doubt this kid makes it past #20

I would love Lofton in the 2nd round. I belive on NFL Network they were saying he may be better suited as an OLB.

Either way he would be a great addition.

i agree

my biggest hope is taht he burns it up at the combine and we take him at 10. if he runs a 4.5 something that may happen. or runs a somewhat slow time and he drops to us in the second

i think he is good enough to take in the first even at 10. he dominated the Big 12 this year

I'd hate us to draft a guy, who not too long ago was a 2nd round prospect, just because he killed it in his workouts.

I would love Lofton in the 2nd round. I belive on NFL Network they were saying he may be better suited as an OLB.

Either way he would be a great addition.

They're just put off by his size and think he should play Will because of it. I, too, would be quite happy if he somehow falls to us in the second round, but I would be unhappy if we spent the #10 pick on him. It would be a serious reach. If we really were targeting him in the first round, then trading down many spots would be a must.

I'd hate us to draft a guy, who not too long ago was a 2nd round prospect, just because he killed it in his workouts.

I dont get it? nobody is lock in the slot analyst say they "think" they should go, when the college football season is over, players are put in slots according to careers, or the year they had playing college football, its not until private and public workouts were teams get to mearsure them and put them through test to see the overall athlete they are, and the ones that perform and impress the most....move up the draft board....the round your drafed in does not indicate the kinda player you will be.......Marques Colston anybody?

Curtis Lofton is a dang good linebacker...but the media decideds who gets the most pub (Keith Rivers)... one of the best linebackers in last years draft was a second rounder (Harris) he was a BEAST at Michigan and up until the combine didnt get taken seriously until he churned out a 4.5 at the combine....but he was respected for his productivity at Michigan, much like Lofton...so if he can get a good 40 time, we could see the same thing with him....there arent alot of first round linebackers in this draft and lets be real....these combines really do matter, and can only help a player....and most of these guys get drafted by there workouts not just there play on the field.

happens *every* year dude.

and the only reason i hope that happens is taht i feeel he is good enough to warrant a first round pick regardless of what he runs. he is a great player and would fit in perfectly here.

Patrick Willis was a 2nd round pick until the combine........I think the 49ers made out ok on that pick!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom