We need Joe Burrow (1 Viewer)

First, Joe would not start next year, Drew would. 100% Guaranteed. He IS NOT done,

Second, I agree we should make every offer to trade up. We probably won’t be able to, but we should give it a legitimate shot even though it will take many picks, including several 1st round picks. QB is just too important and worth any picks it would take (assuming the front office believes he is a sure fire franchise QB.

Finally, we were not the only ones watching LSU this season. I believe there are several clubs that feel like we do about Joe, some of those clubs probably have picks in the first 5 picks. With that being the case, there may not be enough picks in the next two drafts for us to trade up that high.

So I’m with you. We should try, and try very hard, but I just don’t see us being able to pull it off.

It's just ridiculous. Some are even saying Kamara, Davenport, this year and next year's 1st round picks. That's a king's ransom, but I still don't think anyone would bite.

How much is a 23 YO Brady or Brees worth? Would either of them pay dividends 3-4 years down the road? That's what many people see when they watch Burrow. Once they see it, they can't unsee it.

Last edited:
Still... the lack of interest in Teddy here at SR bothers me...

Ever since drew came back... it’s kinda been a low key narrative like:

LOL. There are so many levels to the Teddy discussion, I don't have time to dissect them all. Nevertheless, I'll stick with the harmless justification of he'll leave because there will be big money out there and Drew will not retire after the season.

It's just ridiculous. Some are even saying Kamara, Davenport, this year and next year's 1st round picks. That's a king's ransom, but I still don't think anyone would bite.

How much is a 23 YO Brady or Brees worth? Would either of them pay dividends 3-4 years down the road? That's what many people see than they watch Burrow. Once they see it, they can't unsee it.

I actually think Burrow is going to be a fantastic NFL QB, but we'd have to give up a package of draft picks that just won't be worth it. Especially considering that we're going to need those cost-effective mid-rounders that Ireland has been so good at, once we sign Kamara/Lattimore/Ram/etc.

If there's one thing I have no doubt about it's that Sean can find us a QB. Man, I'd love to have Mahomes. We got snaked. But he'll find another one. We'll be alright, especially with the young talent base we have.

Are you willing to part with say Kamara, Lattimore and a #1, to get the #1 spot in the draft? Cause that is what it would take.

Now, that said, the Saints will not be able to afford all of the following players coming due. So pick the ones you feel like they could use as bait.

Kamara
Lattimore
Rymczyk
Peat
Bell

Any two of those listed, would need to be used along with a #1 to get Burrow!

Man, the Joe Burrow story writes itself.

- Can't get the starting job in Ohio
- Goes to LSU, has a banner year
- Loses to Ohio State in the national championship game
- But then gets to go back home in a triumphant return to
- The Bengals
- Joe "remember that guy back in 2019" Burrow

It's Shakespearean.

Ain't no way Burrow is losing to Ohio State.

just sayin

Ain't no way Burrow is losing to Ohio State.

just sayin

That's going to be a bad arse game. That Ohio State team is nasty. In those type games I always go with the best QB so I lean LSU.. but who knows. Hopefully it happens. Just beat Oklahoma, please.

(as if Brees-era fans needed more proof) :jpshakehead:

The best QB and most prolific offense in pro football yielded some not-so-great seasons in recent memory.

Nobody knows how Joe Burrow will fare in the NFL, including Joe Burrow.

He may he great. But as we've seen, that's often not enough, and certainly not worth mortgaging a team for.

Do the people who say go after Burrow at all cost recall the Ricky Williams fiasco or what happened in Minnesota for the Hershel Walker trade?

Do the people who say go after Burrow at all cost recall the Ricky Williams fiasco or what happened in Minnesota for the Hershel Walker trade?

Ricky Williams is one of the top 15 running backs in NFL history. It's not his fault that he got drafted by a one-dimensional idiot who tied his entire career to the 20 year old antequated notion that you can run your way to the super bowl four yards at a time.

That's going to be a bad arse game. That Ohio State team is nasty. In those type games I always go with the best QB so I lean LSU.. but who knows. Hopefully it happens. Just beat Oklahoma, please.
Dream on bro! Badgers drumming those Buckies pretty bad. 21-7! LSU will roll with a national championship. Tigers may hang 70 on the Sooners, before they play Clemson or Buckies!

Tigers may hang 70 on the Sooners,

giphy.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom