We need Joe Burrow (1 Viewer)

Deceptively fast? ???. Any other way to describe white athletes?

Yeah... I didn't quite want to say it like that, but that was sort of the gist of it. however, in my defense, I would not place that label on all white players. For example, I see nothing "deceptively fast" about a guy like Christian McCaffrey or Julian Edelman. Its just that Joe Burrow isn't exactly built like a typical speedster. Plus, he looks exactly like the white guy in the movie Half Baked.

That's going to be a bad arse game. That Ohio State team is nasty. In those type games I always go with the best QB so I lean LSU.. but who knows. Hopefully it happens. Just beat Oklahoma, please.
They aren’t looking so nasty now.

That's going to be a bad arse game. That Ohio State team is nasty. In those type games I always go with the best QB so I lean LSU.. but who knows. Hopefully it happens. Just beat Oklahoma, please.
yeah they so nasty that Wisconsin embarrassed them 21-7 first half of the game... they tightened it up a bit now and there is still a lot of game to play but that defense will get owned by the tigers... they are exposed.

yeah they so nasty that Wisconsin embarrassed them 21-7 first half of the game... they tightened it up a bit now and there is still a lot of game to play but that defense will get owned by the tigers... they are exposed.

I'll bet you $100 that Ohio State wins this game. I'll even give you 3 points.

I'll bet you $100 that Ohio State wins this game. I'll even give you 3 points.

Haha heck no I don't trust Wisconsin but Ohio state ain't as bad as they been pumped up to be all year... if tigers face them... tigers win.

Wisconsin leaving points on the field now missing field goals

Haha heck no I don't trust Wisconsin but Ohio state ain't as bad as they been pumped up to be all year... if tigers face them... tigers win.

Wisconsin leaving points on the field now missing field goals

See you know. I mean LSU barely beat Texas, and Texas is dog sh**

Ricky Williams is one of the top 15 running backs in NFL history. It's not his fault that he got drafted by a one-dimensional idiot who tied his entire career to the 20 year old antequated notion that you can run your way to the super bowl four yards at a time.

He could have been a top 15 RB, maybe even top 10, but given his actual production I would not put rank him that high

And Williams was on Ditka's team for all of one year.

Novel topic here I know, but damn this guy looks solid.

Could you imagine Drew & Co. winning a SB and not missing (much of) a beat next year with Burrow at the helm?

Yeah, may be a fantasy and we'd have to give up years of draft picks, but this guy's got it.

How many draft picks/starters would any current NFL team be willing to trade away to draft Brees or Brady, knowing who they are now when they were available in their drafts?

Not saying Burrow is either Brees or Brady, it wouldn't be known for another 10 years.

Stats and other measurables point to him being that type of talent at this stage in his career. A generational type of QB for the next generation.
Someone has to be that guy. Why not Joe?

Is trading away the next 2 drafts worth the potential value of landing the next Brees/Brady?

Novel topic here I know, but damn this guy looks solid.

Could you imagine Drew & Co. winning a SB and not missing (much of) a beat next year with Burrow at the helm?

Yeah, may be a fantasy and we'd have to give up years of draft picks, but this guy's got it.

He sure looked good yesterday. Borrow throws, Burrow catches his pass, Burrow extends for first down. I was thinking he needs a lounge chair in the pocket so he can rest his legs while he waits for an open receiver. I heard he had 8 seconds for a couple plays and over ten in at least one.

In the Teddy Taysom arguments, we hear that runner QB's won't survive and a pocket passer is what teams like the Saints need. Yet all the buzz is for the young dual threat QBs.

Is this going to be short lived trend or is the NFL transitioning?

Last edited:
How many draft picks/starters would any current NFL team be willing to trade away to draft Brees or Brady, knowing who they are now when they were available in their drafts?

Not saying Burrow is either Brees or Brady, it wouldn't be known for another 10 years.

Stats and other measurables point to him being that type of talent at this stage in his career. A generational type of QB for the next generation.
Someone has to be that guy. Why not Joe?

Is trading away the next 2 drafts worth the potential value of landing the next Brees/Brady?

With this current Saints roster, YES. The FO has nailed recent drafts and developed players from those drafts and UDFAs building a foundation of young talent across the board. If they were to trade 2 years worth of draft picks, they would have to continue to develop the young players, resign our own FAs and add more players through UDFA, trades or FA. Depending on who we lose in FA there is a chance we end up with compensatory picks and if guys like Teddy and Peat move on to large contracts that helps our chances of receiving a compensatory pick or two. If this was any other year, I would say no, but with this foundation getting a QB like Burrow in the building while Drew is still playing would be worth it.

People assume it is a foregone conclusion that Cincy drafts Burrow, but there is also discussion that they are really high on Chase Young. If for some reason Burrow is sitting there at 2 and either NYG or Washington has that pick, they would almost certainly have to entertain offers and at that point all bets are off on who will jump up to trade for the pick.

He sure looked good yesterday. Borrow throws, Burrow catch his pass, Burrow extends for first down. I was thinking he needs a lounge chair in the pocket so he can rest his legs while he waits for an open receiver. I heard he had 8 seconds for a couple plays and over ten in at least one.

In the Teddy Taysom arguments, we hear that runner QB's won't survive and a pocket passer is what teams like the Saints need. Yet all the buzz is for the young dual threat QBs.

Is this going to be short lived trend or is the NFL transitioning?

Burrow was a dual threat QB going into college. He fits in the mobile pocket passer category who can extend plays with his mobility and run if he has to. He can also sit back and throw dimes all day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom