We need Joe Burrow (1 Viewer)

We have a better chance of landing a Jacob Eason. Two years under brees and Payton might create the makings of a goat.

I'm still P'Oed off at Nebraska for passing on him when his legacy was there for the taking... Instead we got stuck with Adrian Martinez ... brilliant....Burrow will be long gone by the time we pick. After LSU whips up on Ohio State and Borrow wins the Heisman he will probably wind up in Cincinnati or some other hell hole.. Maybe he can pull off a "Elway move" or "Eli Manning move" by refusing the contract offer and dictate his landing spot... LOL side note: I can't wait to see if Luke McCaffery replaces Martinez next spring in Nebraska, but that's another topic for another time.

Are you willing to part with say Kamara, Lattimore and a #1, to get the #1 spot in the draft? Cause that is what it would take.

Now, that said, the Saints will not be able to afford all of the following players coming due. So pick the ones you feel like they could use as bait.

Kamara
Lattimore
Rymczyk
Peat
Bell

Any two of those listed, would need to be used along with a #1 to get Burrow!

I think you could offer all of them and multiple 1st's and there's a reasonable chance it wouldn't be enough. That's how high his stock is. As was mentioned earlier, if he is the next Brady/Brees, with his age he's simply worth more than that. He's unobtainable and this discussion really needs to end.

Still... the lack of interest in Teddy here at SR bothers me...

Ever since drew came back... it’s kinda been a low key narrative like:

Brings up a good question...what would the Saints record currently be if Bridgewater played from AZ on? I’m not convinced that the Saints record would be any worse.

I think you could offer all of them and multiple 1st's and there's a reasonable chance it wouldn't be enough. That's how high his stock is. As was mentioned earlier, if he is the next Brady/Brees, with his age he's simply worth more than that. He's unobtainable and this discussion really needs to end.
You are a bit over the top there. There is ALWAYS a price for a draft pick. It may take more than what I think, but there is ALWAYS a price. And what it takes to say land Joe, would probably be something similar to what I have mentioned. But we shall see. I do not think it will happen and I am certainly not promoting it. I am saying as a start, it will take something along those lines.

And why does this discussion need to end? Fans have opinions. So if it needs to end, why are you adding to the topic? ?

You are a bit over the top there. There is ALWAYS a price for a draft pick. It may take more than what I think, but there is ALWAYS a price. And what it takes to say land Joe, would probably be something similar to what I have mentioned. But we shall see. I do not think it will happen and I am certainly not promoting it. I am saying as a start, it will take something along those lines.

disagree

There is ALWAYS a price for a draft pick.
Yes there is. And all the fanboi over-valuation of Burrow is unrealistic because:

- we'd debilitate ourselves for top draft talent for n years, probably losing Jeff Ireland as a result

- we'd offload n amount of proven, existing talent (AK, MT, MD, really?!)

- after putting ourselves in hock for the forseeable future, we then get to deal with $$$$$ contract and/or holdout issues

Brees went #32 in his draft. Montana went #82 in his draft. Brady, #199.

Leinart, RGIII, Manziel, all Heisman, all top 10. JaMarcus, #1 overall.

Don't say this is different, Burrow is different. Every year folks say that about their guy, and NOBODY knows.

Why do we keep going through this impossible scenario?

Because Joe Brady went to LSU and installed a RPO version of the Saints offense there... and Joe Burrow has run that system for 13 straight games... flawlessly.

And so whether or not it's possible, pretty much anybody affiliated with the Saints... Coaches, scouts, training staff, fans, etc... would love nothing more than for the impossible to happen and Joe (the only college QB ever to have already proved he can digest and implement a Sean Payton offense) to come to New Orleans.

The fit is so perfect, that it's mindbogglingly frustrating to know it can't and won't happen.

So for the next few months, we're going to see and hear this. Because between now and the draft, there's still that make believe chance.

Because Joe Brady went to LSU and installed a RPO version of the Saints offense there... and Joe Burrow has run that system for 13 straight games... flawlessly.

And so whether or not it's possible, pretty much anybody affiliated with the Saints... Coaches, scouts, training staff, fans, etc... would love nothing more than for the impossible to happen and Joe (the only college QB ever to have already proved he can digest and implement a Sean Payton offense) to come to New Orleans.

The fit is so perfect, that it's mindbogglingly frustrating to know it can't and won't happen.

So for the next few months, we're going to see and hear this. Because between now and the draft, there's still that make believe chance.

Is there even a remote chance of this happening? No. Is it LITERALLY impossible? No. Anything is possible. And why are people hating on a thread idea that everyone wants to happen? Just because they don't think it would happen? That's a lame reason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom