We need Joe Burrow (1 Viewer)

Is there even a remote chance of this happening? No. Is it LITERALLY impossible? No. Anything is possible. And why are people hating on a thread idea that everyone wants to happen? Just because they don't think it would happen? That's a lame reason.

I don't disagree with you at all. Yes, it's almost as unlikely as the refs calling games fair the rest of the year, but we can hope.

And other than shamefully derogatory threads, I'll never understand why some SR members feel it's their duty to open threads just to dislike them. I mean, I read thread titles all the time that tell me that I probably don't want to open them. So if I do... that's on me. lol

Novel topic here I know, but damn this guy looks solid.

Could you imagine Drew & Co. winning a SB and not missing (much of) a beat next year with Burrow at the helm?

Yeah, may be a fantasy and we'd have to give up years of draft picks, but this guy's got it.

After watching that game last nite, I knew someone had to bring up this thread. I agree, but don't think we have the draft capital unless we are willing to trade like Bell or Kamara or Marcus Williams along with 2 1sts. I just don't see that happening. I could see something like Peat, MArcus Williams, 2 1sts and a 3rd next year for the #1 pick to get Burrow.

This is just my opinion, but I think that our FO knows we have a SB caliber team even with Teddy at QB. With SP running his genius offense, Teddy is capable of leading this team to a SB. Even if Drew plays one more year like we all hope, or at least most of us, I think SP and Loomis will find a way to keep Teddy. But I've been very wrong about such issues in the past. We shall see!

I want Chase
Chase is just a Sophomore so you'll have to wait. Equally as good is Marshall but also a Sophomore. Jefferson could be had in the next draft but I think he's a possession receiver and a #2 at best even though I really like him. I think we look back in 5 years and see 6-7 WR's on the current LSU roster that make NFL rosters. The depth goes far beyond Marshall, Jefferson and Chase.

George Pickens is going to be an absolute stud but he's at least 2 years from the draft and I think he'll be a top 3 pick when the time comes.

Tee Higgins is someone I think can light up the NFL and coming out this season but he'll probably go top half of the first after he abuses the combine.

The guy I think could be around when we draft at least once and maybe even twice is Henry Ruggs. He would bring that desperately needed speed to the Saints WR core that we are lacking. Then again, he also has the chance to go to the combine and run a 4.3 flat and be gone in the first because dude can flat out fly.

It's literally impossible. Why does this topic keep getting brought up.

True, it's impossible. But that doesn't make people stop wanting him. Countless thousands are just sitting on their sofa, drinking beer, and wanting Burrow.

Because Joe Brady went to LSU and installed a RPO version of the Saints offense there... and Joe Burrow has run that system for 13 straight games... flawlessly.

And so whether or not it's possible, pretty much anybody affiliated with the Saints... Coaches, scouts, training staff, fans, etc... would love nothing more than for the impossible to happen and Joe (the only college QB ever to have already proved he can digest and implement a Sean Payton offense) to come to New Orleans.

The fit is so perfect, that it's mindbogglingly frustrating to know it can't and won't happen.

So for the next few months, we're going to see and hear this. Because between now and the draft, there's still that make believe chance.
There are no guarantees, that was college not the pros. Andrew Luck was suppose to be the best prospect since Peyton and he just retired. Beyond being a homer, the discussion is unrealistic; just pure fantasy.

True, it's impossible. But that doesn't make people stop wanting him. Countless thousands are just sitting on their sofa, drinking beer, and wanting Burrow.

I've just never seen a team that is the number 1 seed and vegas favorite to win the NFC have topics that demand we must have the number 1 pick. We would have to move from 32 to 1.

In 1999 it required our entire draft plus 1st and 3rd from 2000 to move from 12 to 5 lol. The year before we tried to trade our entire draft for a top 2 spot for Manning or Leaf. It was rejected. So to move from 32-1 to get a team to even remotely listen we would have to give away 3 full drafts. Players. Etc. Burrow would come to an empty team.

Burrow is the first college QB to run a version of the Saints offense well. But he’s also kinda the first to even have to opportunity, so.....

Payton loved Romo, loves Brees, and has had (limited) success with Bridgewater. All 3 are proven to be REALLY smart football heads.

Burrow may go on to be great, but give me the talent on this team already + Payton + Ireland + their choice of QB as the successor over one guy, no matter how well that guy may be playing in his one year as a starter in college.

As long as Burrow doesn't make it to the 7th pick, or makes past the 7th pick, all's good.

Burrow is the first college QB to run a version of the Saints offense well. But he’s also kinda the first to even have to opportunity, so.....

Payton loved Romo, loves Brees, and has had (limited) success with Bridgewater. All 3 are proven to be REALLY smart football heads.

Burrow may go on to be great, but give me the talent on this team already + Payton + Ireland + their choice of QB as the successor over one guy, no matter how well that guy may be playing in his one year as a starter in college.
Make no mistake, Payton is fapping to Burrow highlights but in order to get him we would have to give up a championship caliber team to groom a QB. It isn't happening.

Seriously, you would have to trade Brees to a team like the Broncos to get a high first round pick. Then you would have to trade someone like Cam Jordan and Michael Thomas to the Bengals along with your existing 1st round pick, your newly aquired first round pick and pretty much the rest of your draft. It isn't happening.
The same Saints organization that gave up all of their picks for Ricky Williams--That Saints?

That's nice and all but we weren't moving up from the 20's. Also Williams was a RB, this is a QB that has quickly become one of the best QB prospects in a very long time.

Giving up our entire draft may get the Bengals to pick up the phone to laugh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom