We need to go 4-0... (1 Viewer)

someone

Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
before we get media respect. I can guarantee you that we've gotten league-wide respect already. However, the media is all over the 2-0 Jets. We won't see many media outlets jump on if (and when) we beat Buffalo, but if (and when) we take care of the Jets, we'll be mentioned in the same sentence as the Superbowl regularly.

I know many people would rather just "fly under the radar", but it's too late for that (when discussing opponents). We might as well hear it from the media as well. I see a lot of threads about media not "picking" the Saints in whatever comparison they are making. 4-0 and they'll have no choice.

respect has to be earned. If the Saints continue to play well, and win, the respect will come.

What I do find amazing is, on some of the Buffalo Bills boards, fans are saying that they will maul the Saints' defense on the ground. I guess thay haven't figured out that the Saints' D is allowing a whopping 2.9 yards per rush this season.

Doesn't sound like a plan to me.

respect has to be earned. If the Saints continue to play well, and win, the respect will come.

What I do find amazing is, on some of the Buffalo Bills boards, fans are saying that they will maul the Saints' defense on the ground. I guess thay haven't figured out that the Saints' D is allowing a whopping 2.9 yards per rush this season.

Doesn't sound like a plan to me.

Agreed the respect will come as long as we keep winning. Honestly we are only 2 & 0. Winning the first 4 games is going make getting to the play offs more reachable b/c the games we have after the bi are going to be brutal. Not impossible but we do have a tough road to march after we come off of our bi-week.

3-1 was a must coming into the season but that was with Smith and Grant out and a tough Eagles game. Now that we have beat the Eagles, Buffalo is a game we need to win because it is a winnable game. that is 3-0 and as for the Jets it is still a Rookie QB and bottom line stop the run and make sure we do not let our O give the game away with turnovers! 4-0!!!

We need to go 6-0 and meet up with the Falcons on Monday night......It will be like 2006 again.....:9:

Agreed about the respect issue...but I don't think that flying under the radar is possible anymore after what Drew and Co. have done the last two weeks...Every media person is going to be watching out games very closely to find flaws so they can say, "you see, I knew they weren't THAT GOOD!"

But if we are 4-0 going into the bye, that only makes the next game against the Giants that much more important to being considered contenders!!!

media respect is useless in the NFL

also, "flying under the radar" means nothing to any of the other teams that we play...another useless sports media cliche...i am certain that the bills, jets, giants etc. are well aware of how this team has played for two weeks

so, to sum it up, the sports media is mostly useless

Seriously, how does the "media" picking us help our football team? I can go one step further and ask : How does the "media" picking the saints improve your quality of life?

I can't believe how offended people become if ANY media outlet dosen't embrace the saints. None of it matters, what matters is done on the field, end of story. Power rankings are completely arbitrary, and sports talk in general would be very boring if everyone agreed. there are 31 other teams in the league and probably 28 of the fanbases think thier team should be getting more attention.

Does this board crave attention because we've never gone farther than the NFCCG? What is it about media attention that you crave? I just don't get it. I guess i'm in the minority, but all i want to do is win, often. I could really care less about what closet fans of other teams say on ESPN, in thier blogs, in the papers, etc.

..and i feel pretty good about that.

How the media thinks

New York Jets over New Orleans Saints.

Let's see, the #1 TV and news market (New York) over the the #40 TV market (New Orleans). Not a hard decision on the media's part.

Why do you think USC is always ranked so high in preseason AP polls? They placate the larger audience

Plus the Jets did just defeat the mighty Patriots w/ a rookie quarterback. The same lovefest that the Falqueens got for Matt Ryan last year.

1,758=Threads about respect.

I am starting to get annoyed about the "we need respect". I told a lady at work that said something about respect that it is old. We had a prime time game Sunday and we are having another this weekend. We also have 2 MNF games. I think we are getting respect.

Does this board crave attention because we've never gone farther than the NFCCG? What is it about media attention that you crave? I just don't get it. I guess i'm in the minority, but all i want to do is win, often. I could really care less about what closet fans of other teams say on ESPN, in thier blogs, in the papers, etc.

..and i feel pretty good about that.

Yes, our history has a lot to do with our insecurities.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom