we need to run the ball more (1 Viewer)

SLUsaint504

Very Banned
Reaction score
I dont care about our record. I dont care about drew brees numbers. We need to find something in the running game. MAybe getting Holland more playing time on the left side will open something up. I think we have the players and passing threat to get the run game going. We have the number 1 O in the league right now thats great. But haveing a dominant running game will keep our D fresh and keep opponets O off of the field

i agree...our league leading passing game is just not cutting the mustard....especially when they go on those 8 minute drives...

You're right... Deuce's 20 carries on a still-surgically-repaired knee is way too llittle... and our passing game sux anyway so why not just line up and run it into an 8 man front all game... :dunno:

/sarcasmoff

i agree...our league leading passing game is just not cutting the mustard

Neither is our #9 ranking in time of possession (and therefore the fact that only 8 other defenses spend less time on the field then our defense). Just awful.

I care about our record.

You shouldn't. The record doesn't matter. The stats don't matter. The scores don't matter. All that matters is adherence to some abstract football cliche about "balance" with complete dismissal of any of the actual REASONS for the cliche (Time of Possession, slow down pass rush, open up things downfield, consistency etc).

I was upset we didnt run a few more times in the second half. We had them on the ropes and on a couple possessions we passed almost every down so we used very little time off the clock. But hey we swept the dirty birds this year , gotta love that! GEAUX SAINTS!!

Oh well guys if you remeber the panthers last year had the league leader in recieving yards (steve smith) and were exposed in the championship game for being so one dimensional. NOw i do see we are a different than that team that we have a much better running game than them and a more recieving threats than the panthers of that year. But we wont win out in the post season with out a good running game. Its just not going to happen. I think Deuce is close to 100 percent and can carry most of the load. I think Deuce and Bush need more carries. Drew Brees will lead us into the play offs but when we do get there we are going to need help.

You shouldn't. The record doesn't matter. The stats don't matter. The scores don't matter. All that matters is adherence to some abstract football cliche about "balance" with complete dismissal of any of the actual REASONS for the cliche (Time of Possession, slow down pass rush, open up things downfield, consistency etc).

No Spam, I thought you'd know that the only thing that matters is who the guys on SportsCenter think is going to win the SuperBowl. We all know that's how they crown champions.

Oh, and when your team has a Pro-Bowler at running back and a Rookie phenom at running back, other teams are going to stack the box with 8 or 9 guys and make you beat them through the air. That might be part of the reason that the Saints LEAD THE NFL in passing. Be thankful that we don't have to run it all the time to win (i.e. San Francisco).

I'm telling you, when Horn, Colston, and Henderson get on the field at the same time the holes are going to part like the Red Sea for Deuce and Reggie and teams are not going to know what's happening. Those three receivers have not been on the field at the same time since the first half of the Monday Night Game against Atlanta, with the exception of the series that Colston got hurt on. With all these combinations, this team can be more potent than the Rams of 1999, just as high powered, but more physical with Colston at receiver and Deuce and Reggie in the backfield.

Devery is not just a third receiver anymore, he is a bonifide deep threat averaging over 22 yards per catch that defenses must account for. Colston cannot be covered by one man,and then what do you do with Horn. Oh, by the way throw in Deuce and Reggie and even Stecker and defenses heads are going to start spinning.

I just don't see how defenses are going to be able to stack the line and let Brees burn them, eventually they will start backing off and off to the races we will go.

All I can say is WOW!!

Does anyone look at the opposing side of the line of scrimmage? Just curious.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom