We need to sign or draft every potential defense back we can afford (1 Viewer)

I do think we need some more Corner depth.

To at least off-set the losses of Eli Apple, and PJ Williams.

Last season we had Eli, PJ, Crawley, and P-Rob as depth options. All had prior starts at Corner.

I know we signed the XFL player, Nichols but who knows how he will adjust to coming back into the league. Fortunately I do think this will be addressed with atleast one more low-key Free agent signing, and one of our first three picks in the Draft will most likely be an Outside Corner. (IMO.)

but sign everyone out there right now? That is a bit of an overreaction
Did PJ sign somewhere else?

NOOOOO.....Yall please with this OL crap. We just resigned Peat and have a more than good enough guard replacement in Easton. You can draft a Tackle with the 6th pick and be good. How much OL help do yall need. We need a #2 WR thats what we really need. Sign Clay "8 sacks last year" Matthews also!!!

Didn't the Saints just sign Emanuel Sanders? I think that more than ensures the #2 spot will be well manned.

And the Saints DO NEED Oline help because if the Oline can't keep the pass rush out of Brees's lap all the WR's on the planet won't amount to crap!!

You were right about one thing though...............a good pass rush can seriously slow down a good passing game.

I wouldn't mind us taking the Florida Gators CJ Henderson in the draft to pair with fellow DBU Gator Chauncey Gardner Johnson

1. Didn't the Saints just sign Emanuel Sanders? I think that more than ensures the #2 spot will be well manned.

2. And the Saints DO NEED Oline help because if the Oline can't keep the pass rush out of Brees's lap all the WR's on the planet won't amount to crap!!

3. You were right about one thing though...............a good pass rush can seriously slow down a good passing game.

1. Emanuel Sanders can play WR2 but you are kinda wasting him there, at the WR3 position is where he thrives, you maximize his skills, and get the most out of him (think Sanders> every CB3). Just imagine (prays GOD to hope it comes true) WR1 MT13 WR2 (Higgins,Jefferson,Aiyuk) WR3 Sanders TE Cook RB1 AK47, you not stopping that. No defense in the league stopping us, we come out the gate gm1 and destroy whoever we play PERIOD. No more close games against the Failclowns or any NFC South team. Just look at all their secondaries, only the Pansies are decent.

2. Once the Saints get around to signing OL Ominah (SP?) they will be set. Can you name me another OL that will come in today and take a starters position???? (You have 4 pro bowlers starting on our line, what more do you want??) This is what I'm trying to explain to people still wanting to draft a OL. Easton played last year for 4 games I think, no sacks and i think he had 1 penalty, dude was so quiet i think people forgot he played in the game which is a perfect compliment for a OL. Draft a OL in the 6th round and call it good.

3. Thanks. PS Saints need to sign Clay "8 sacks last year" Matthews

1. Emanuel Sanders can play WR2 but you are kinda wasting him there, at the WR3 position is where he thrives, you maximize his skills, and get the most out of him (think Sanders> every CB3). Just imagine (prays GOD to hope it comes true) WR1 MT13 WR2 (Higgins,Jefferson,Aiyuk) WR3 Sanders TE Cook RB1 AK47, you not stopping that. No defense in the league stopping us, we come out the gate gm1 and destroy whoever we play PERIOD. No more close games against the Failclowns or any NFC South team. Just look at all their secondaries, only the Pansies are decent.

2. Once the Saints get around to signing OL Ominah (SP?) they will be set. Can you name me another OL that will come in today and take a starters position???? (You have 4 pro bowlers starting on our line, what more do you want??) This is what I'm trying to explain to people still wanting to draft a OL. Easton played last year for 4 games I think, no sacks and i think he had 1 penalty, dude was so quiet i think people forgot he played in the game which is a perfect compliment for a OL. Draft a OL in the 6th round and call it good.

One thing that I think all you WR advocates are failing to see or realize is that the Saints don't have that quick strike offense that they relied on for so many years. The deep ball passes that once were deadly in the Saints offense just simply isn't there anymore no matter who would line up at WR.

The thing is that the Saints have an offense RIGHT NOW that could be unstoppable if Sean Payton would run an offense that has some semblance of balance to it. They could ball control teams to death with a balanced attack but we all know how much Payton loves to run the ball don't we!!

It still makes me sick to this day that in the Falcons loss and the Minnesota loss that those two teams combined for 74 rushing attempts in those two games and the Saints rushed the ball 27 times in the two games!! TOP (time of posession) didn't turn out very well in those two games either. When the Saints received the second half kickoff against the Vikings and threw 3 straight passes and went 3 and out I knew that they were in trouble.

Way more than once Sean Paytons play calling and/or game plan puts the defense behind the 8ball and everyone wants to label the defense as hot garbage.

Another HUGE question that I'd love to hear an answer from Sean Payton is why did Latavius Murray only have 146 carries the entire season? He more than proved his worth in the 5 games that Brees was out and when Brees came back he was virtually invisible. Why did he only have 5 carries in the Vikings playoff game?

The Saints will probably draft another WR but as deep as this draft is at the WR position I just don't see it happening with the pick at #24

We need to do that every year. Spaghetti at the wall philosophy as we’re historically terrible at drafting DB’s.

Easton also was the one that gave up the sack fumble late in the playoff game with the Vikings. He is average at best.

Maybe not in this order, but I do think these are the essentials we need. I think in the draft we need to get a LB (b/c we only have five and two of those stay injured and Demario Davis needs some steady help beside him), CB (b/c we need someone behind Latt and Jenkins in case they get injured) and WR (b/c in case Deonte Harris and/or Trequan can't be the consistent 3rd/4th WR and for the future we need one).

Now, if we do end up w/ the five picks we have now, I would go w/ DE then OL.

I’d rather sign DE pressure guys.

DT pressure guys.

Want to screw up anyone’s passing game? It’s not done by CBs, it’s done by QB pressure.

You might change your mind if you look at our depth behind Lattimore and Jenkins. An injury to either of them and suddenly Robinson is our best option and he's no longer a boundary CB. The XFL guy and Hardee come after him.

I'd love to get a pressure defensive lineman but CB depth is a must.

Easton also was the one that gave up the sack fumble late in the playoff game with the Vikings. He is average at best.

Nice, Try Again. Ryan Ramczyk gave up the sack. You can apologize to me by liking this post. Thanks have a nice day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom