We need to something Nasty or Ignorant (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Im sick of people calling the Saints the darling of the league, Mother Theresa, and americas team. Its ruining a perfect season. If we are lucky enough to make the playoffs, people will always say that the league laid down for the Saints in 2006 out of pitty and remorse.

We need to make signs about Jamal Lewis's career as a drug dealer, we need to cheer when Mcnair gets injured, we need to be hated! "Fire Brian" chants.

5-1 looks good on paper but it doesn't mean jack if no one is going to give us real credit for it. The media is treating the Saints the same way they would treat a child with autism

Am I the only one angry at this?

Its best not to pick fights with anyone when you're the only team that been around since the 60's and still hasn't made it to a Super Bowl.

And yes, I can write in green.

Im sick of people calling the Saints the darling of the league, Mother Theresa, and americas team. Its ruining a perfect season. If we are lucky enough to make the playoffs, people will always say that the league laid down for the Saints in 2006 out of pitty and remorse.

We need to make signs about Jamal Lewis's career as a drug dealer, we need to cheer when Mcnair gets injured, we need to be hated! "Fire Brian" chants.

5-1 looks good on paper but it doesn't mean jack if no one is going to give us real credit for it. The media is treating the Saints the same way they would treat a child with autism

Forgot to take your medication this morning?

You don't want to be America's Sweethearts? You're hard to please.

Sorry, yes...I hope you are the only one that feels this way. The Saints have been playing smart, tough football...I for one hope this continues.

I could never cheer for anyone getting injured on the field. Yes, even a Falcons player. This is a game not survival of the fittest.

they can call us whatever they want as long as super bowl champs is included...

and maybe i am the only one, but i could care less if the league threw every game we played and we wound up beating a girl scout troop 1-0 in a forfiet to get the lombardi trophy. I just want a championship dammit!!!

Well Scott Fujita almost took Steve Smith out for the season. That would have given us a bad boy reputation AND benefited us!

Unfourtantly it was an accident and not intentional so it didn't do any damage.

I understand what you’re saying and it bothers me a little bit as well. But then when I think about it, it comes down to concern that the team is not getting the respect they deserve. I don’t think this concern has much foundation though. The only people who seem to be exaggerating the “Cinderella” angle, are the people in the media. The team (Payton and Brees in particular) is getting a lot of respect from people who actually matter, i.e. other players and coaches.

So, yeah, like you, I’m getting a bit sick of the “darling of the league” stories. My only hope is that these writers finally find a way to stop putting a spin on the same old crap. Although, one look at television programming will tell you that may never happen.

I also disagree. 5-1 doesnt' mean jack if no one gives you credit? No, it means that you're 5-1 after 6 weeks and that's pretty dang good. Who cares about credit at this point- there's no asteriks next to our record in the standings is there? And top 5 in most powerrankings is credit- if you're into that kind of thing.

I think all this national attention is good for the city and good for the Saints. If because the city got destroyed and the team lived on the road last year and questioned whether they would have a place to play in New Orleans this year leads people to think its a "feel good" story - that's because it IS.

The bottom line is that we are winning. There's no asteriks next to the scores or record. And if someone wants to say it's because people feel sorry for us, then I would say that I don't have time for such idiocy.

Whodat.

This darling of the league stuff is only gonna get worse the more this team wins. But I'll take that, cause I know it'll make for some good lockerroom fodder for the players. Cinderella's gonna knock you out, We're gonna knock you out, Motha Teresa gonna knock you out. We'll eat it up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom