We now sit at 0-3...How will the team respond? (1 Viewer)

Go for it on 4th down no matter where they are on the field and if they can get inside the 50 yard line, let Lutz work his magic. Anything to keep the defense off the field. Hell go for the high school mentality, have offensive players play on defense, can't be any worse.

Unfortunately probably the same way they responded at 0-1 and 0-2......turnovers and miscues galore.

I posted this on another thread but I think it's worth posting again. I am so pessimistic about our head coach and his coaching staff that if we were to miraculous add a healthy JJ Watts and Von Miller to our defense we still would find a way to screw it up.

I posted this on another thread but I think it's worth posting again. I am so pessimistic about our head coach and his coaching staff that if we were to miraculous add a healthy JJ Watts and Von Miller to our defense we still would find a way to screw it up.

Maybe you should think before pushing submit reply...

This team literally needs the offense to score a TD on EVERY single drive just to have a CHANCE at a W. The defense cannot stop anything. It's ridiculous. Can't stop the run, can't stop the pass. Can't get off of the field on 3rd downs or 4th downs. You just KNOW if the pass is incomplete, a pass interference flag is coming out.

This is a 2-14 team, a 4-12 team at BEST. We are entirely too depleted on defense. Too many injuries. There is a LOT of football left, but we've seen this script before, it's the SAME OLD DANCE over and over and over again. Poor clock management, bad play calling, misuse of timeouts, missed assignments, dropped balls, stupid penalties, untimely mishaps like blocked field goals and muffed points, this team is snakebitten and we are wasting literally the greatest qb ever with this atrocious historically bad and ignominious defense.

Until I see otherwise, it is realistic to expect THIS team to lose EVERY game they are in. The literal antithesis of the 2009 and 2011 iteration of the Saints.

This team literally needs the offense to score a TD on EVERY single drive just to have a CHANCE at a W. The defense cannot stop anything. It's ridiculous. Can't stop the run, can't stop the pass. Can't get off of the field on 3rd downs or 4th downs. You just KNOW if the pass is incomplete, a pass interference flag is coming out.

This is a 2-14 team, a 4-12 team at BEST. We are entirely too depleted on defense. Too many injuries. There is a LOT of football left, but we've seen this script before, it's the SAME OLD DANCE over and over and over again. Poor clock management, bad play calling, misuse of timeouts, missed assignments, dropped balls, stupid penalties, untimely mishaps like blocked field goals and muffed points, this team is snakebitten and we are wasting literally the greatest qb ever with this atrocious historically bad and ignominious defense.

Until I see otherwise, it is realistic to expect THIS team to lose EVERY game they are in. The literal antithesis of the 2009 and 2011 iteration of the Saints.

The reason we are a 4-12 team at best is mainly because of injuries (95% of the reason). As a fan, I'm willing to forgive (and even to an extent, ignore) the horrible mistakes Payton and Loomis have made the past handful of years. Certainly, the "chickens came home to roost" but this team, if healthy, would be 3-0--there would be a few less penalties, dropped passes would be offset by a better defense...a healthier defense would lead to better playcalling on offense. With lots of luck, we'll be healthier next season, I have to believe that we'll be MUCH healthier and more talented and deeper. I've had my sights on 2017 for about three seasons now. We have to hang in there...it's going to be ugly but winning again will feel so sweet. It just won't be this season.

Our drafting is improving...Peat Was probably a mistake but he could still one day be a solid starter.

These men are professionals. I expect the healthy ones to suit up, claw and fight.

Win, lose or draw. Players have pride.

Where in the world did you get that from? This defense when not missing 6+ starters allowed 22 points in the first two games. That's 11 PPG. Idk about you but that's excellent to me.

Tyeler Davison (Run Stuffing NT) misses the game? We get gashed.
Breaux and PJ out (Best corners) out? Bad coverage on the back end.
Vaccaco (Jack of all trades, maybe the most essential piece) out? - Disaster

Bet you $20 we go better than 2-14. I do agree, however, that Drew Brees deserves at least a consistently average defense and the defenses we have fielded during his tenure have been pretty pathetic.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom