We play the Broncos in Nov. Very concerned about the defense and their headhunting spears to Cam's head. (1 Viewer)

I'll bet QB helmet shots will be a point of emphasis Sunday. Bad for business when your league MVP is getting obviously targeted. Refs are oiling their flags for quick release

In real time I think #26 was going for a shoulder to shoulder hit but since Cam was getting tackled from behind it became helmet to helmet.

Drew is must more respected then cam and plus drew isn't a running qb

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus using Tapatalk

I was pulling for Denver just because it was a divisional foe, however, if that were Brees taking those low down dirty shots to his head I'd ram myself through the tv. So, as the OP stated, I was watching and already worrying about Brees when we play them. The Broncos are dirty......scum in my opinion. I realize they play physical, but you can do that legally. I hope several of them are fined this week and the NFL keeps a close eye on them, because they are dangerous and intentional.

I was pulling for Denver just because it was a divisional foe, however, if that were Brees taking those low down dirty shots to his head I'd ram myself through the tv. So, as the OP stated, I was watching and already worrying about Brees when we play them. The Broncos are dirty......scum in my opinion. I realize they play physical, but you can do that legally. I hope several of them are fined this week and the NFL keeps a close eye on them, because they are dangerous and intentional.

Kind of like we were "dirty scum" in 2011?

The OP has a valid point...I don't like Cam Newton but that doesn't mean he should not be protected when warranted. The problem is most of those hits took place when Cam was scrambling to the point where he becomes a runner. The play that drew the flag did because Cam threw the ball and was no longer a runner. The thing Cam doesn't realize is you can't run over people for touchdowns and dance in their face, but then when you get hit start crying looking for flags.

Valid point, but this is getting enough media attention that I expect officials will be watching Denver closely going forward. I suspect they will be forced to change their ways before the Saints see them in November, especially when they go on the road.

I think Cam evokes a lot of emotions from D players through the game. He talks trash etc etc and he's 6'5. So when guys try to hit him..they really go for kill shots because technically u could bounce right off if u don't.

Meanwhile Drew is 6'0 not running anywhere and not a pricks. I've seen defenders help Brees up...last time u saw someone help Cam up.

Yeah I think he gets hit like that as a direct result of his size and how he plays the game between the whistles

We haven't even played a game yet. If we are still in the race by November, then I'll worry about Denver.

I was saying if the entire Broncos team was dirty scum for a few questionable hits, then there is no doubt we were in 2011 too with the whole "go for the head" Gregg Williams fiasco.

My hope is that Drew is so much shorter than Cam that those spearing defenders will just fly over his head. ;)

Actually I don't worry so much because Drew gets rid of the ball much quicker than Cam and he doesn't roll out and run as much as Cam either.

There's something else on Drew that doesn't run as much, making him a far less attractive target to take cheap shots on, too. :mwink:

The Saints are all about spreading the ball around and thus, the hits get spread around.

The Panthers are all came so the hits are all on Cam.

Yeah, Brees may take a hard hit or two, but not that many.

And you guys are one Fran Tarkenton reference away from being Vikings fans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom