We promised Mingo? [RUMOR] (1 Viewer)

Please show me the quote where Payton said, "We are blowing it over here while NE is stockpiling picks (most of which they blow but no one ever pays close attention to that). We are changing our draft strategy."

In all due respect, this is a fan's view of things. But it does not square well with history. And history is all we have as none of us will know what the Saints will do on draft day until they do it. My only thing is we should not just dismiss the OP even if we might not support the move. The Saints could very well have said what the OP has claimed and STILL NOT TRADE UP because executing a trade is a lot harder than just talking about wanting to trade.
You need to read again. I never said that Payton said anything about moving either way in a draft. He just stated that he see things differently after sitting out.lol. That is why there may be a chance he don't make the same mistakes.

And all this could very well be ********. So, if we going to speculate then, speculate. If you don't want to, well we need to lock this damn thread. Your and OP claims are as baseless as claiming SP may move down.

This dude I know said this...……
i talked to KeKe Mingo's brother yesterday...he said rex ryan and payton told keke they want to trade up to insure they get him. this was told to keke at lsu pro day fwiw.

*could be some typical promises being thrown around but thought i

They "want".

Key word. I wouldnt read too much into it because many things would have to happen and be perfect to allow us to move up. I dont see it happening. We just dont have the luxury of additional draft picks to make a move. Maybe a player involved, like a RB. That would help not having to use draft picks to move up.

Players get told many things by scouts and the like. If it happens, it happens. I just dont think it will.

You need to read again. I never said that Payton said anything about moving either way in a draft. He just stated that he see things differently after sitting out.lol. That is why there may be a chance he don't make the same mistakes.

And all this could very well be ********. So, if we going to speculate then, speculate. If you don't want to, well we need to lock this damn thread. Your and OP claims are as baseless as claiming SP may move down.

I have not made any claims. Instead, I have refused to cater to the opinions of those who feel that the OP is operating in sheer lunacy and/or who think there is no way we trade up.

I read your post thoroughly, and I asked for a quote because you "may very well be" taking Payton's words out of context. His suggestion that he is treating this season like he's a new coach coming in, and even suggesting that he will do some things differently after watching last season from afar does not necessarily mean that the team will alter its draft strategy. Unless we hear that from him, we won't know until draft day.

This is the reason why as much as the OP might be wrong, we cannot just dismiss his claims as baseless since none of us will know what we will do and how Sean and Mickey plan to go about the draft process until after they go about it.

Let me repeat, I have made no claims. I am only providing perspective to those who want to negate the OP's "rumor" on the basis that it does not make any sense that we would do that when history is more on the OP's side in term of how we operate than on theirs, even if the OP is flat out making this all up. :9: And you ought not get so irritated :aargh: so quickly.

What in the world are you basing this statement on? Everyone knew we were taking Bush, everyone knew we were taking Dorsey or Ellis, everyone knew we were taking Jenkins ( I'm too lazy to look up the other years ). If anything, Loomis / Payton telegraph their first round picks early and often.

Now that's some revisionist history right there. I'll give you Bush, which was a no brainer at the time, but the rest were far from certain.

I have not made any claims. Instead, I have refused to cater to the opinions of those who feel that the OP is operating in sheer lunacy and/or who think there is no way we trade up.

I read your post thoroughly, and I asked for a quote because you "may very well be" taking Payton's words out of context. His suggestion that he is treating this season like he's a new coach coming in, and even suggesting that he will do some things differently after watching last season from afar does not necessarily mean that the team will alter its draft strategy. Unless we hear that from him, we won't know until draft day.

This is the reason why as much as the OP might be wrong, we cannot just dismiss his claims as baseless since none of us will know what we will do and how Sean and Mickey plan to go about the draft process until after they go about it.

Let me repeat, I have made no claims. I am only providing perspective to those who want to negate the OP's "rumor" on the basis that it does not make any sense that we would do that when history is more on the OP's side in term of how we operate than on theirs, even if the OP is flat out making this all up. :9: And you ought not get so irritated :aargh: so quickly.

Irritated, by no means. Entertain a bunch of BS, yeah, sometimes I will call that out quickly.:9:

Trading up for Mingo would be epically stupid. Maybe not Ricky Williams or Jon Sullivan stupid...but more like Sedrick Ellis stupid. Why trade away picks to get a guy...when another guy who is just as good (cough, Collins, cough) will be there at 15?

This is nothing more than a rumor. A false one at that.

Which is why I don't think we will do that again. Payton saw how all that went, and look right over and see NE stockpile 2nd round picks that runs circles around our 1s...who we end up letting walk or they never pan out. Besides, Payton said he is looking at things differently this year. With all of the projected linemen available, no need to move about pick 15. Most of the skilled players will see late first and 2nd round picks this year, even QBs. This is not the draft to move positions, unless you can swindle a one for one first round trade, this year for next year's.

Again, this is not the draft to do that. We will see available DL, OL and LBs on the board for us our first pick. Just leave that pick alone or drop a few spots and pick twice within the first 60 picks or so.

I hope you are right but there is no evidence to suggest that you are and no reason to shoot down the OP because this rumor is consistent with our track record to date.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom