We promised Mingo? [RUMOR] (1 Viewer)

Trading up to ensure getting a certain player, means that you have a real pressing need at that position and that you really covet a player. Do we really have a glaring need to where we have to get Mingo? As of right now, the most glaring need is LT, IMHO.

Trading up to ensure getting a certain player, means that you have a real pressing need at that position and that you really covet a player. Do we really have a glaring need to where we have to get Mingo? As of right now, the most glaring need is LT, IMHO.

I agree

This dude I know said this...……
i talked to KeKe Mingo's brother yesterday...he said rex ryan and payton told keke they want to trade up to insure they get him. this was told to keke at lsu pro day fwiw.

*could be some typical promises being thrown around but thought i

Promises happen in the NBA, not the NFL. It is done in the NBA because players have the ability to go back to school if they do not like where they are projected to be selected. As far as Bower, LSU did not even know for sure he was going to LSU until NSD.

What the OP said may be true, and if it is, that pretty much confirms that we're not taking Mingo. SP does not show his hand this early.
What in the world are you basing this statement on? Everyone knew we were taking Bush, everyone knew we were taking Dorsey or Ellis, everyone knew we were taking Jenkins ( I'm too lazy to look up the other years ). If anything, Loomis / Payton telegraph their first round picks early and often.

This simply did not happen.

We have no 2nd round pick and we're going to trade up? Yeah, right.

I bet Keke Mingo's brother is 15 years old, maybe younger. Ever heard of embellishment?

MY friends, cousins, best friends the village idiot told me something similar.

Must be true

What the OP said may be true, and if it is, that pretty much confirms that we're not taking Mingo. SP does not show his hand this early.

That is not always true. Depends on the venue. I was at a Northshore school where Sean Payton spoke to a group of about 40 people with no cameras shortly before the 2009 draft. He made it very clear that he wanted Beanie Wells. While we did not select Wells, it is common knowledge that the Saints made a strong push to trade up for Beanie Wells. Thankfully that did not work out.
My point is that it depends on the source and the situation. Sounds like this could be pretty good info.

I'm opening up to Mingo the more I watch him. I used to be extremely down on him but I think a lot of what I saw was a product of how he was used and his responsibilities. He definitely has the most pass rusher potential and just needs to be coached up a bit.

I still think edge rusher is a HUGE needs for us.

What in the world are you basing this statement on? Everyone knew we were taking Bush, everyone knew we were taking Dorsey or Ellis, everyone knew we were taking Jenkins ( I'm too lazy to look up the other years ). If anything, Loomis / Payton telegraph their first round picks early and often.

Those years you mentioned we drafted much higher than 15 (not sure about Jenkins and im too lazy to look it up haha) so when drafted that high, especially in the top 5, of course we are predictable based on need. When picking at 15 its really about best player available at a position of need. Our staff isnt dumb, we dont make promises to potential draft picks, we dont have much ammunition to trade up, we dont know who will be there at 15, we have more than a couple holes to fill so the best player available approach is most likely given Loomis and Payton's track record.

All of which makes the OP's story he heard from the source's source's source that much more unlikely. (no offense to the original poster)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom