We ran for over 220 yards Sunday (1 Viewer)

obligatory TWSS:poop: :sick:
This just turned weird. Dude, I have a 15ft pole in my home made of diamonds and gold, that was given to me by a Tibetan monk after I climbed Everest barehanded. It was a gift for my bravery. That’s all I was talking about. :jpshakehead:

The style of offense I have wanted Payton to run. I don’t think anyone can beat it. I know he could instantly get in his bag if needed too and air it out. You have to stick with the run and eventually the other team breaks.

People can freak out over details but I'm making sure this year to take the time to look at the big picture and just enjoy a fun, successful team achieving a winning record, star players, and enjoying the golden age of Saints football as long as we'll have it

It's lost in all the "Hill not a QB" stuff.

Fans pleaded for more runs... We get over 200 on ground and first threads post game is Hill ain't a QB.

Think about the fact that we tailored our game plan to run against a good defensive team and succeeded.

Yes the Saints did have a good day running the ball but keep in mind that the Broncos while having the 11th ranked defense in the league are ranked the 27th against the run so that can account for the Saints not having much success throwing the ball.

Their pass defense is pretty good.........................their run defense...................not so much!!

It's lost in all the "Hill not a QB" stuff.

Fans pleaded for more runs... We get over 200 on ground and first threads post game is Hill ain't a QB.

Think about the fact that we tailored our game plan to run against a good defensive team and succeeded.
All I am worried about is wins now. Especially with Drew out of the lineup.

All I am worried about is wins now. Especially with Drew out of the lineup.

yeah most are.

some however, are expecting Hill to step in and fill DB9 shoes. This thread was created to all those who belly ache incessantly about our run game, then when we DONT THROW the ball, complain. lol

We could be 16-0 in our final game and im convinced we would have 3-4 threads post game complaining we didnt do this or that well enough.

I think we have a great OLine, Great RBs AK and Murray, even Dwayne looks good and Taysoms QB Power is amazing.

But that being said Football stats are just not always meaningful.

We had over the top Running Stats in the last game primarily because they had no QB. We held the ball for over 35 minutes despite fumbling the ball twice. We had 44 Rushing attempts with Taysom only attempting 16 passes. The Broncos converted a single first down.

You can compare this to Cookie Gilchrist who rushed for 243 yards with 5 TDs against the Jets on 36 attempts.

With 40 carries against the Vikings, Sweetness once rushed for 275 yards

Corey Dillon was able to get to 278 yards against the Broncos with 22 carries.

Jerome Harrison of the Browns posted up 286 yards against the Chiefs on 34 attempts.

Just some stats to contemplate for juxtaposition.

The style of offense I have wanted Payton to run. I don’t think anyone can beat it. I know he could instantly get in his bag if needed too and air it out. You have to stick with the run and eventually the other team breaks.

Nothing is more demoralizing to defenses than not being able to stop the run. That makes me wonder why Payton doesn't stick with the run sometimes when Murray is getting 5 yards a pop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom