We ran for over 220 yards Sunday (1 Viewer)

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's lost in all the "Hill not a QB" stuff.

Fans pleaded for more runs... We get over 200 on ground and first threads post game is Hill ain't a QB.

Think about the fact that we tailored our game plan to run against a good defensive team and succeeded.

The versatility of this offense is unbelievable. I can't say I've seen such versatility in an offense as long as I've been watching football which is over 30 years. Most teams have an offensive identity and they try to stick to that identity regardless of personnel and it usually leads to trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Not Sean Payton's offense. We've seen him adjust his offense based on personnel and not miss a beat. With Brees it was spread them out, hit multiple receivers and in the past quick strike offense. Brees goes down now we show that we can be a power running team. That's what puts him on another level than other coaches in my opinion. It also helps that we have had better than average defenses the past few seasons.

Fans pleaded for more runs... We get over 200 on ground and first threads post game is Hill ain't a QB.

Think about the fact that we tailored our game plan to run against a good defensive team and succeeded.
True dat

exactly true
but also, on a discussion board, what is there to discuss?
poster: Murray had a great game
entirety of the board: yup
other poster: maybe there's something about Mormonism that makes you indecisive...

but 2 things should be noted - we did this without a left side of an Oline (SP getting the late word that TA would be out is another reason the game plan was modified)
and we're keeping AK from a lot of midseason wear and tear

Murray is good enough to be a full time starter for a lot of teams. He's averaging close to 4.5 yards per carry and he's good at all aspects of the game and he doesn't complain about being under utilized. He's a true pro and we're lucky to have him.

It was exciting football. Afterward I went down to Woolworth’s to purchase some clothing. Along the way I stopped by the newsstand and saw Germany annexed Austria. Having barely recovered from the last war I’m hoping cooler heads prevail before that situation spins out of control.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom