We Reserve the Right to Refuse Service to You (merged) (1 Viewer)

Exactly. Those who've applauded the smoking bans will be crying when the iron fist of government crashes down on them. Give the government an inch and they'll take 100 miles.

I agree this bill is a waste of time and resources, but IMO smoking bans are different because someone else's obesity doesn't hurt me, but someone's second hand smoke can.

I agree this bill is a waste of time and resources, but IMO smoking bans are different because someone else's obesity doesn't hurt me, but someone's second hand smoke can.

Just to clarify, when I brought up smoking, I was talking about the anti-smoking nazis and the people who have caused the insane taxes on tobacco. I wasn't talking about the ban on smoking in certain areas. People have the right to not be subjected to the smoke, I totally agree.

Assuming secondhand smoke is harmful, you are only subjected to it if you voluntarily patronize an establishment that allows smoking. You have the freedom to choose.

Originally Posted by primadox

:covri:

Smoking debate-ugg-Freedom of choice and all that kind of stuff.

This is a waste of time when they should being doing other things.

Assuming secondhand smoke is harmful, you are only subjected to it if you voluntarily patronize an establishment that allows smoking. You have the freedom to choose.

"Assuming".
hahahahahahaha

Then alcohol should be allowed to be served everywhere.
Everywhere.
I'd rather have a drunk tell my kids about how his wife left him rather than have some smoker blow a smoke ring around their neck.

It's unfortunate to see the original purpose of the tobacco analogy get bent out of shape. What I mean is, that heavy taxation of tobacco under the cloak of "the greater good" has set a precedent, and will open a floodgate. The produced legislation will obviously fail, but this ain't going away. I foresee a Big Mac Tax coming down the pike. Again, people have the right to not be subjected to smoke in certain areas.

whoa.. about the smoking thing.. 2 totally diff.. heck, i used to care less about someone smoking.. it's there choice. but ya know.. i've realized i'm paying the price for it.
As far as doing something for the obese. fine, but they need to find another way to figure it.
like Body Fat analysis.. NOT BMI!!! BMI does not work for people that hit the gym and over 6'2" Heck, my trainer said it' be impossible for me to below 200lb without losing muscle. with being 6'4". that bmi would mean i'd have to be what 185lb. Even wide recievers at 3% body fat would be considered obese by bmi. Heck, nurses that when i've looked at the chart in the doc's office. i'm like that will be hard to do.. said not for me to pay attention to that, as it is way off for me.
also, there are medical issues that make it impossible for some to get to that flat stomach.
Granted currently i need to loose about 12 -15 get back to my ideal, but 185 ain't happening.

whoa.. about the smoking thing.. 2 totally diff.. heck, i used to care less about someone smoking.. it's there choice. but ya know.. i've realized i'm paying the price for it.

You mean you are paying the price for it because of smokers? You are paying an equal price for diabetic, heart diseased, obese people. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater, but I think the two are equivocal. We are talking about liability here after all.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom