We should be looking ahead to 2021 draft (1 Viewer)

Piper Aydair

Very Banned
Reaction score
With the right trades and draft pick swaps we could be better positioned in 2021 which looks to be another banner year for QBs.

JUSTIN FIELDS
He ended the year completing 67.2 percent of his passes (238 of 354) for 3,273 yards and 41 touchdowns against three interceptions. Fields also netted 484 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns on the ground.

TREVOR LAWRENCE, CLEMSON
3,665 passing yards, 36 touchdowns, eight interceptions and a 65.8 percent completion rate. He went interception-free for the final eight games of the season. He is 29-1 in his college career

SAM EHLINGER, TEXAS
completed 65.2 percent of his passes this season for 3,663 to go along with 32 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He was also an enormous factor on the ground, per usual. Ehlinger rushed 163 times for 663 yards (4.1 average) and added seven scores

Ahhhh.... Why? I am more worry about the draft this week and unsigned players and the state of sports going forward than anything next year. But those are intriguing players you listed there. Sam Ehlinger of Texas is somebody I want to watch more closely. The guy went to the same high school as Brees. And got to meet him when he played in the Sugar Bowl last year wearing his high school number.

Last edited:
I agree. That’s why I don’t mind trading our #1 for a #2 this year and a #1 next year or AK for a #2 this year and a #3 next year. Our roster is limited this year and if the season goes in it’s probably going to be partial season which reduces the chance for our picks this year to contribute this year.

I'm just trying to get through the 2020 draft first.

I kind of hear you, but it’s just not typically in the Saints nature, under Payton, to try to accumulate future draft picks. It’s always do whatever to get the player we want right now, worry about next year next year. It will be interesting now that Brees is more than likely retiring, to see what lengths we will go to get the QB we really want. Of course, Payton has said the future QB is already in the building, so... will be interesting.

I think we should skip the 2020 draft and just go straight to 2021 on Thursday.

Fields is my favorite prospect in 2021. Stellar 1st year starting. Played injury in the playoffs and Clemson playing super dirty wrenching ankles and hitting low.

Miss communication cost them that game.

If the Saints are in range for Lawrence or Fields, something has gone terribly, terribly wrong..

Mike Detillier thinks that if the Saints dont draft a QB this year, they will target Matt Stafford in 2021 as a FA

Why settle for next year when we could be stockpiling picks for the 2030 draft?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom