We should do what the eagles are doing (1 Viewer)

Nevimeister

I was there!
Reaction score
So who should we re-sign? In my mind only eligible player would be Will Smith to get a new contract (and don't say Colston, you don't re-sign players after 8 games)

dninc

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
The Eagles success over the past decade is probably tops in the NFC and they are never in cap trouble. In fact, they always seem to have enough cap space to sign one or two relatively big name free agents, TO and then Darren Howard for example.

Not worried about what happened decades ago, it's now.. Let history stay where it belongs in Wikipedia.

Super Dad

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
This is the one area I do not worry about because if one man Loomis. With him here we will never be in cap trouble.

SeanBateman

Banned
Reaction score
What do you think this means for the likelihood of resigning Donte? I think Donte needs to step up this second half of the season; or at least play in the majority of the games.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Not worried about what happened decades ago, it's now.. Let history stay where it belongs in Wikipedia.

They are 4-4 and coming off a bye week. The first half of the year they have been playing with their best WR injured, their stud RB has had major problems remaining healthy and they have lost 3 of their 4 games by a last minute FG or in overtime.

Last year they lost their QB, RB, WR, TE, LT, Cb, SS and about a dozen other players to injuries. Of those players they lost 5 have made the Pro Bowl at least once in the past 3 years.

Who was the last big time free agent that you have seen leave the Eagles (other than TO- for obvious reasons)?

You don't see big name guys walking off that team because they re-sign their players.

Compare that to the Saints who don't seem to have any high draft picks stay for more than their rookie contracts. Deuce is the only 1st or 2nd round draft pick to stay with the Saints past his rookie contract since Joe Johnson who was drafted in 1994.

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
there signing them using unused cap money, and there signing them before there is a market for them, its smart! you know Charles grant is gonna want more if not the same as Trent Cole got 28Mill with 12 signing bonus.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom