We should do what the eagles are doing (1 Viewer)

I would think that the mid-point of the season is not the best time for contract negotiations.

But we should try to keep most of these guys, IMHO.

The Eagles are freeing up cap space for that top 10 draft pick next year.

I wouldn't want players on the saints to be concerned with contracts while the season is going on.

Reggie Brown has had a really great season so far, he deserves a new one, I just question if now was the right time..

Eagles are losing and saints are winning, i think the eagles owner(s) need to take a page from Benson right about now. Winning is all that matters, let the players work for they're check. "It's the Carrot on a stick approach IMO"

Sure. Brilliant. What an excellent way to paint ourselves into a corner and be stuck with somebody for several seasons who isn't all we thought they'd be because we can't afford the cap hit to trade or cut them ala Michael Vick in Atlanta. Say, could I give the number to the Falcons or Panthers office so you can apply to be their GM?
I agree with Jim Finks who said he wished every player's contract was a one year deal so they always felt motivated to play their best every year.

I wouldn't want players on the saints to be concerned with contracts while the season is going on.

Reggie Brown has had a really great season so far, he deserves a new one, I just question if now was the right time..

Well I'm sure most of the work was done by his agent. I don't think it was much of a distraction for the player.

I agree with Jim Finks who said he wished every player's contract was a one year deal so they always felt motivated to play their best every year.

+1.

I agree with Finks as well and i think Loomis apparently does too ;-) GO LOOMIS FOR MAKING A CHANGE!

Sure. Brilliant. What an excellent way to paint ourselves into a corner and be stuck with somebody for several seasons who isn't all we thought they'd be because we can't afford the cap hit to trade or cut them ala Michael Vick in Atlanta. Say, could I give the number to the Falcons or Panthers office so you can apply to be their GM?

That's why the Eagles do this during the current season when they have unused cap space because it's not like you can carry it over.

They lock up their good young players early, and most likely at a discounted price from what they would command if they hit free agency.

There's a chance we lose Charles Grant this offseason, possibly for nothing, unless we want to franchise him.

Last edited:
Eagles are losing and saints are winning, i think the eagles owner(s) need to take a page from Benson right about now. Winning is all that matters, let the players work for they're check. "It's the Carrot on a stick approach IMO"

The Eagles success over the past decade is probably tops in the NFC and they are never in cap trouble. In fact, they always seem to have enough cap space to sign one or two relatively big name free agents, TO and then Darren Howard for example.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom