We should have hired Bieniemy (1 Viewer)

I wanted Flores.
Screw that guy. Play the race card because he didn't get a job. I wouldn't want anyone like that near my team and I hope he becomes the Kapernick of coaches. The Rooney rule has to be the dumbest thing in all of sports. Hire the guy who you believe is the best one for the job. Skin color should never be mentioned and that's why the Rooney rule is garbage.

I think Dennis Allen forced the issue and they didn’t want to lose him as head of the defense.
Where was he gonna go? Nobody wanted him. He only can leave for a promotion or when his contract runs out. He goes to college? Lol, he won't do that.

We got caught drinking too much of our own Kool aid thinking we knew better.

Only one of those guys had success as an offensive guy after Reid, Pederson.
Reid came under Holgrem in GB and Reid was OC in GB with a staff that included Gruden.
"Reid began his professional coaching career as an offensive assistant for the Green Bay Packers from 1992 to 1998; he won a Super Bowl title in Super Bowl XXXI as a member of the Packers' coaching staff. His tenure in Green Bay helped him secure his first head coaching position with the Eagles in 1999."
The Walsh coaching tree might be the most successful outside of Parcells. The point is that being an OC under a great offensive coach does not mean you can't be a great coach.

I have never seen a pro offense so creative. I know you must have a super star qb to execute these plays, but I just witnessed the most creative goaline play. They seem to get everyone involved and constantly have someone in motion and shuffling players around. Its almost like a collegiate offense. I don’t see how this guy can’t get a head coaching job! Makes me realize how freaking vanilla our offense has become.
At this point no one can make an argument that we should have hired DA over any other canidate.

I don't know if many know this but Andy Reid has probably the most QB friendly offense ever created.

You can probably count on 1 hand (maybe 1 finger) a QB that hasn't succeeded in that system. Michael Vick was #2 in OPOY voting only starting 11 games in that system..lol. He has one of the best systems in the league for a QB to succeed and he is able to make it work for the personnel involved. I mentioned this in another thread that Alex Smith would sit under center, call out protections, changed various plays, etc. He had that skill to so. He modified the offense to utilize Mahomes strengths and hide his weaknesses but he builds the offense for the QB.

Must be nice.

Where was he gonna go? Nobody wanted him. He only can leave for a promotion or when his contract runs out. He goes to college? Lol, he won't do that.

We got caught drinking too much of our own Kool aid thinking we knew better.

Then all he needed was someone to make him AHC/DC.

Nobody was doing that.

I think his defense was good enough that a team desperate for a good DC would've done it. It's not a big deal. But even if not I think he could've gotten his release. It's likely a new HC would've wanted to bring in his own DC anyway.

I think his defense was good enough that a team desperate for a good DC would've done it. It's not a big deal. But even if not I think he could've gotten his release. It's likely a new HC would've wanted to bring in his own DC anyway.
We could have kept one of the co-DCs but they were afraid of change after having stability for 16 years.

Really the Chiefs is not about Binenemy or Reid, its Mahomes, that is what has carried that team much like Burrow and Cinci last season.

Mahomes success strictly comes off the fact he can scramble for long periods of time and wait for a WR to get open. Chiefs would never have that success without that one trait. Especially when you got a defense that cant stop anyone.

Really the Chiefs is not about Binenemy or Reid, its Mahomes, that is what has carried that team much like Burrow and Cinci last season.

Mahomes success strictly comes off the fact he can scramble for long periods of time and wait for a WR to get open. Chiefs would never have that success without that one trait. Especially when you got a defense that cant stop anyone.
He also makes incredibly difficult throws such as cross-body and side-armed throws and has a very quick release.

Mahomes better enjoy his speed and unorthodox throwing style while he can, it’s not going to last his whole career

I disagree. I think we should have gotten someone from the college ranks rather than retreads.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom