We simply weren't good enough on defense to overcome the usual horrid officiating. (1 Viewer)

The reffing was bad as usual, but if your offense scores 46, you should win every time, I don't care how bad the refs are. This was a 2012/2014 style performance by the D.
I can make the same argument, the other direction. If your offense scores 46, you should win every time, I don't care how bad the defense is. This was a 2019 style performance by the refs.

At this point, we know the refs will be bad every week. We can't control that. We can control our own sloppiness and we're not doing that. A friend who was at the game said 49ers WRs were running wide open on every play in the 1st half and it looked even worse in person than it would've on TV.

I can make the same argument, the other direction. If your offense scores 46, you should win every time, I don't care how bad the defense is. This was a 2019 style performance by the refs.

At this point, we know the refs will be bad every week. We can't control that. We can control our own sloppiness and we're not doing that. A friend who was at the game said 49ers WRs were running wide open on every play in the 1st half and it looked even worse in person than it would've on TV.
Hence the initial post: we weren't good enough on defense to overcome the usual horrid officiating.

Saints fans are the only fans I know that will birch about referees when the other team has double the penalties and a drive-extending PI called on them for the go ahead saints touchdown with less than a minute remaining.

both teams played their arses off, could have went either way. Had nothing to do with the referees.

also, awesome parity at the top of the NFC! Saints beat hawks beat niners beat saints .... all by less than 15 points total! All away-team wins!

playoffs gonna be epic! Both teams deserved the victory in my opinion. Need to heal up and get ready for the real games (ps saints win this one long term..... only real injury was a concussion, while the niners most important lineman suffered what looks to be a season ending knee Injury)

wind it back!

Saints fans are the only fans I know that will birch about referees when the other team has double the penalties and a drive-extending PI called on them for the go ahead saints touchdown with less than a minute remaining.

both teams played their arses off, could have went either way. Had nothing to do with the referees.

also, awesome parity at the top of the NFC! Saints beat hawks beat niners beat saints .... all by less than 15 points total! All away-team wins!

playoffs gonna be epic! Both teams deserved the victory in my opinion. Need to heal up and get ready for the real games (ps saints win this one long term..... only real injury was a concussion, while the niners most important lineman suffered what looks to be a season ending knee Injury)

wind it back!
Ok, but they scored 14 off two bad calls...

wind it back!
You are absolutely wrong.
Im in Kansas City. Chief fans are the same

Also. The refs had a huge impact on the game today.

wind it back!
You know why there were twice as many penalties called on the 49ers as the Saints? Because the 49ers committed at least three times as many penalties as the Saints. How many false starts alone did they commit?

Had everything to do with the referees. You all blatantly yanked down the defender on the 75-yard TD. Your gunner blatantly held our receiver from the snap of the fake punt. And you got bailed out with three BS penalties all on third down to help you get a 0-point drive to a 7-point drive. That's a free 14, 17, or 21 points in total for the 49ers, depending on how you look at the fake punt drive.

We've seen this crap in virtually every game this year, win or lose. Usually it's by the volume of penalties and their timing but since the 49ers were so sloppy, it was merely the presence of them in brutal, high leverage situations where the Saints otherwise stopped the 49ers or had otherwise made a game-changing play.

I'd wish your team luck, but any Saints opponent gets entirely too much of it, and I'm not one for wishing good things to a team which somehow always finds a way to concuss a Saint early in big games.

That said, we knew going in that we would have to be a whole two touchdowns better than the 49ers in order to win. It's been that way for us all year. To your team's good fortune: we were not.

wind it back!

No calls count as well and if either occur on a scoring play they carry more weight. We still should have won, but those calls didn’t do us any favors. Refs had a big impact today.

I’m die hard through and through, but to me this was a decently called game. We got some calls and they got some calls. Refs aren’t robots. We simply didn’t play enough to win the game. Simple as that. For all you that say the refs screwed us please refresh my memory on which calls were made that screwed us and weren’t an actual foul on the play. Sometimes look at the game not so bias as a fan and you’ll see that some of these calls are just legit calls. I agree it seems crappy that the fake punt had something sketchy happen but a rule is a rule. I blame that on SP. if the outside player can’t have PI called in his favor then why was that play even designed when you know damn well every punt has the gunners getting harassed the whole way down the sideline. Fans will be fans and I understand that. But it’s not always someone else’s fault for your failures.

Also. The refs have a major impact on every game in the NFL

I fixed that for you. The fact is, you can look at a handful of calls (or no calls) in ANY game you watch that have a profound/major impact on the outcome of the game.

Today’s game was no different.
The calls that resulted in 1st downs on CJGJ that led to a TD drive
The OPI that wasn’t called on Sanders on the long TD
The holding TQS that wasn’t called on the fake punt.
The defensive holding that was called on SF that led to the Saints last TD.
...I’m sure I’m leaving more out.

The sad reality of the NFL is that the refs play a major role in the outcome of every game, every week.

I’m die hard through and through, but to me this was a decently called game. We got some calls and they got some calls. Refs aren’t robots. We simply didn’t play enough to win the game. Simple as that. For all you that say the refs screwed us please refresh my memory on which calls were made that screwed us and weren’t an actual foul on the play. Sometimes look at the game not so bias as a fan and you’ll see that some of these calls are just legit calls. I agree it seems crappy that the fake punt had something sketchy happen but a rule is a rule. I blame that on SP. if the outside player can’t have PI called in his favor then why was that play even designed when you know damn well every punt has the gunners getting harassed the whole way down the sideline. Fans will be fans and I understand that. But it’s not always someone else’s fault for your failures.
Holding is still a rule, and that gunner held from the snap. It's an obvious foul and an obvious first down for the Saints.

Please see my post for some of the other ways they hosed us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom