We simply weren't good enough on defense to overcome the usual horrid officiating. (1 Viewer)

The problem isn't the number of penalties the refs call. The opposing team can be called for more penalties and still be getting preferential treatment.

The timing of the calls is what matters. The Saints have the most first downs awarded to opponents on third down due to penalties of any team in the league.

Last edited:
The problem isn't the number of penalties the refs call. The opposing team can be called for more penalties and still be getting preferential treatment. (Although the stats show that the saints penalty differential over the season is the worst in the league.)

The timing of the calls is what matters. The Saints have the most first downs awarded to opponents on third down due to penalties of any team in the league.

Agreed. But it was only 3-2 them today. Just hurts that 2 of their 3 were huge.

what does it say when both teams' fan bases think the refs were out to screw them? There were questionable calls/non calls both ways but some of the ones on the Saints were at timely points.

Also, what is CJGJ supposed to do? He went low to make the play and the FB went low to make the catch, before his Oscar worthy performance that is....

I fixed that for you. The fact is, you can look at a handful of calls (or no calls) in ANY game you watch that have a profound/major impact on the outcome of the game.

Today’s game was no different.
The calls that resulted in 1st downs on CJGJ that led to a TD drive
The OPI that wasn’t called on Sanders on the long TD
The holding TQS that wasn’t called on the fake punt.
The defensive holding that was called on SF that led to the Saints last TD.
...I’m sure I’m leaving more out.

The sad reality of the NFL is that the refs play a major role in the outcome of every game, every week.

If you think I’m full of it, just turn on the NE/KC game right now. The refs have screwed the Pats twice on the current drive! The one under review right now, should have been a Patriots scoop and score!!!!

I guess it’s “out with old, in with the new” and Mahommes is the new

I fixed that for you. The fact is, you can look at a handful of calls (or no calls) in ANY game you watch that have a profound/major impact on the outcome of the game.

Today’s game was no different.
The calls that resulted in 1st downs on CJGJ that led to a TD drive
The OPI that wasn’t called on Sanders on the long TD
The holding TQS that wasn’t called on the fake punt.
The defensive holding that was called on SF that led to the Saints last TD.
...I’m sure I’m leaving more out.

The sad reality of the NFL is that the refs play a major role in the outcome of every game, every week.
You didnt need to fix it for me. They greatly had an impact on the gamr but You are correct that they can influence any game. But they tend to favor some teams over others. The NFL could do things to fix this and they do not.

If you think I’m full of it, just turn on the NE/KC game right now. The refs have screwed the Pats twice on the current drive! The one under review right now, should have been a Patriots scoop and score!!!!

I guess it’s “out with old, in with the new” and Mahommes is the new
Yup. Hubs is a Pats fan and thinks I’ve been a sore sport complaining about the refs.

On that fumble recovery that was blown dead, I picked up my wine and said, “Fumble recovery? Blown dead? Welcome to my world.”

You didnt need to fix it for me. They greatly had an impact on the gamr but You are correct that they can influence any game. But they tend to favor some teams over others. The NFL could do things to fix this and they do not.
I know man... it’s just a phrase I see used on the SSF, so I gave it a go.
I’m watching the Pats/Chiefs game right now, and the refs are controlling the flow of the game

Yup. Hubs is a Pats fan and thinks I’ve been a sore sport complaining about the refs.

On that fumble recovery that was blown dead, I picked up my wine and said, “Fumble recovery? Blown dead? Welcome to my world.”
I don't watch games the Saints don't play in any more...but if they call 499 more of those against the Pats, they'll finally break even.

I'm cool with the fake punt. Sometimes you need to be aggressive. I'm not cool with that bs rule on no PI.
Holding is still a rule, and that gunner held from the snap. It's an obvious foul and an obvious first down for the Saints.

Please see my post for some of the other ways they hosed us.
There was not a penalty on the fake punt. The rule is straight forward & it was explained ad naseum on the TV & radio. The bad call was the 15 yard roughing penalty on the 3rd down. The was a bull call. You want to see bad officiating watch the NE/KS game. The officiating has been awful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom